Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Currently reading:
Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Imo Only ECU(engine unit) Control AC clutch, Body computer dont have anything to say in manuał AC

Imo Only ECU(engine unit) Control AC clutch, Body computer dont have anything to say in manuał AC
Hi
I have the same problem

Should i reprogram ECU? EEprom only or also flash ST10F269?

Please give me some info

Thank you

Gu

Last edited:
Nobody knows how the ECU (engine or BCU) is programmed for A/C. It might just be a more aggressive idle setting, but it's more likely to be more sophisticated than that.

But if you think air con simply be added to a none aircon car, think again. The heater unit has to be replaced (1) Try finding one. (2) You have to remove the front doors and extract the structural frame hidden by the plastic dash before you can get the heater out of the car. You'll probably have to mess about with steering pedals and brake levers as well.

Nobody knows how the ECU (engine or BCU) is programmed for A/C. It might just be a more aggressive idle setting, but it's more likely to be more sophisticated than that.

But if you think air con simply be added to a none aircon car, think again. The heater unit has to be replaced (1) Try finding one. (2) You have to remove the front doors and extract the structural frame hidden by the plastic dash before you can get the heater out of the car. You'll probably have to mess about with steering pedals and brake levers as well.
We know exactly what the ecu controls

We know exactly what the BSI controls

Knowbodody has the files for aircon on the 1.1 active, has anyone even seen a 1.1 active with aircon

Adding factory manual ac to a Panda that wasn't designed for it isn't just a matter of swapping the AC parts over

Its been talked about right from the begining starting from post post 4 and 6

Here in the UK the chances of ever finishing this project would be very low

If you want to add aircon to a 1.2 it would be far easier and cheaper to use a donar vehicle with keys and swap the whole lot over then sell off the used parts

If you really want a Panda with air con, buy one and sell your "normal" car. Our 2007 1.2 Dynamic has it (and it's great), but it's not worth the tremendous hassle of converting a 1.1.

Back