Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Currently reading:
Technical Manual A/C Swap Panda 1.1 IAW4AF

Zwyczajny

Hello and welcome. I would like to ask you for help. I bought a 1.1 8V engine with a symbolic mileage of only 33,000 km.
I got an air conditioning kit for the engine that was installed in the same car, but I miss connecting two or three plugs.
- A/C pressure sensor
- Exchanger freezing sensor
- Manual air conditioning switch

From what I was able to find out, the manual air conditioning is controlled by the engine computer (IAW-4AF) and the body computer does not play any role in this case.
In My computer it is possible to carry out tests and view air conditioning parameters, so I can definitely use it with this engine, but here's my question.

Do you have a pinout where I should connect the missing plugs and individual pins? it will be rather difficult for me to find the original installation and I will have to try to make it myself.
I will be very grateful for help in determining the electrical diagram of the air conditioning of the IAW-4AF computer.

Attachments

• antifreezae.jpg
    antifreezae.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 162
  • pressure sensor.jpg
    pressure sensor.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 322889988_698806755116216_4767634303637894230_n.jpg
    322889988_698806755116216_4767634303637894230_n.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 323533543_1251870825417952_7519973384053117784_n.jpg
    323533543_1251870825417952_7519973384053117784_n.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 31
The 1.2 heater knob pushes in to switch on the air con and a tiny light shows. You could fit any Push On, Push Off switch to do the job and wire to the compressor. Someone will be along soon to help with your wiring pinouts.

i`ve got original A/C knob.
I watched many schemes that are supposedly IAW4AF, but each has something different.
The correct diagram of the smaller plug of the computer should include injection control, coils, mapsensor, stepper motor, throttle position, fuel vapor solenoid control, camshaft and pulley position sensor, liquid temperature sensor, and the most important pins from the A/C compressor clutch which I can't find anywhere.
on the second larger plug, I also want to find the signal of the air conditioning switch relay, control of the second speed of the radiator fan, and I do not know where the heater freezing sensor should be connected, also A\C Pressure sensor.

Last edited:
@koalar automatic AC use Climate control system control unit, but manual ac is powered and switched by Ecu

@koalar automatic AC use Climate control system control unit, but manual ac is powered and switched by Ecu
Manual AC

The body computer node M001, from pin 9 connector C, manages the operation of the relay T08, which provides the direct battery supply to the electric motor of the fan N085.The relay, excluded during engine starting, is always energised, as it is connected directly to earth C011 from pin 49 connector D of the engine compartment junction unit B001.From connector B, the selector H080 sets the selected speed for the fan N085. The selector supplies the reference earth C016 to the motor N085 through the resistive divider O030. Only at maximum speed, the fan motor N085 is connected directly to earth C016.From connector A pin 2, the selector H080 sends the request to switch on the compressor to the electronic thermostat N086.The system can be activated by setting at least the first speed on the fan N085. An LED contained in the selector comes on, indicating that the air conditioning is on.From pin 2, the electronic thermostat N086 sends the engine control unit the request to switch on the compressor See E6021 COMPRESSOR ENGAGEMENT .From pin 9 connector L, the body computer node supplies the internal lights G045 (connectors A and B), with the side lights on (for further details See E2010 SIDE LIGHTS / NO. PLATE LIGHTS ).
767.png
The junction D001 is housed, in the interior compartment, at the bottom of the front right pillar, near the door cable pass, passenger side.

Okay, what about Pressure sensor and Exchanger freezing sensor? Physically connection, thats why i looking for Iaw pinout

There’s enough info to piece it together

Most of the sensor go into couplings. You will have to make sure all the wiring present

I would start with relay T08 hopefully there connectors for it in the fuse box. I wouldn’t assume there all there, if not it’s going to be a very big job

Assuming the software is plug and play

MES show active test and live data for AC in my case, so i must to disassembly dashoboard and connect wires to good places and everything probably will be okay, but long research before me.
i`m still looking for IAW pinout :)

MES show active test and live data for AC in my case, so i must to disassembly dashoboard and connect wires to good places and everything probably will be okay, but long research before me.
i`m still looking for IAW pinout :)
Activate just switches an already present aircon on and off instead of using the button. Useful for diagnosing a faulty switch

You can add functions via the proxi alignment

As far as I know it needs a node on the CANBUS to add it. The manual aircon isn’t recognised as a node on the CANBUS so I don’t think it’s possible with multiECUscan. I might be wrong, the software may have changed, They may have done something wrong but they tried and tried and failed with multiECUscan to add manual aircon a few years ago.

It has been done. I will see if I can find there blog if it’s still online. Probably changed everything or used climate control

I really dont like the climate control e.g. The way it refuses to allow full speed fan until engine has warmed a bit means the windows steam up or you have to hold your finger on the speed control and force it to run faster. Then later on you have to hold it back down again. All the time you are concerned the air control flaps will break. The manual heater control with switch for AC is so much better.

Okay, i`ve got full installation scheme with pinouts, if anyone want - can be found in Hella Gutmann.

Please post the details here. Then anyone can find them in the future.
Not sure how useful it is

It’s connected to the ECU and body computer. I no idea how you can add the manual ac as it’s not seen as a CANBUS node

You can convert from manual to climate control via adding the missing parts and wires then doing a proxi alignment as the control unit is now seen on the CANBUS network. Works and has been done on a 500. Might not be an option on the 1.1 active panda though

I was going to post the wiring but seem pointless.

This is the 1.1 with manual aircon.

The both fuse boxes the one on the body computer and the one in the engine bay are completely different on the active and are required

at the 4 coupling the cables will have to be present both sides

I’d start at the relays and fuses and see if there’s power and contacts are present. Otherwise you will be starting down the wrong road

On the active in the UK the cable for the cigarette lighter to the fuse box is normally missing

338CCAF8-CA50-46EA-9FA3-DF47E449B839.jpeg

Last edited:
@koalar in the manual air conditioning version, there is only one signal wire to the BSI that can be turned on operate the A/C remotely, but you can also manually I think (between BSI #24- pin 9 and A/C Switch #20 pin1) The signal from the cabin controller through the switch and the frost sensor goes to the Body on pin 48, controlling the compressor clutch.

A co do Twojego schematu to prawdopodobnie nie pasuje do sterownika 4AF tylko jest od 5AF.

Attachments

• klima.jpg
    klima.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 43
@koalar in the manual air conditioning version, there is only one signal wire to the BSI that can be turned on operate the A/C remotely, but you can also manually I think (between BSI #24- pin 9 and A/C Switch #20 pin1) The signal from the cabin controller through the switch and the frost sensor goes to the Body on pin 48, controlling the compressor clutch.

A co do Twojego schematu to prawdopodobnie nie pasuje do sterownika 4AF tylko jest od 5AF.
Post 6 above explains the main functions

Compressor engagement via ECU

The engine control unit M010 receives at pin 27 connector B, the request to switch on the compressor See E6020 AIR CONDITIONING .
After receiving the request, the engine control unit:

• from pin 6 connector B, sends a negative signal to the coil of the relay T09, which provides the direct battery supply to the relay T05;
  • from pin 12 connector B, sends a negative signal to the coil of the relay T05, which supplies the compressor L020.
The two relays, T05 and T09, are connected 'in cascade'; the relay T09 provides the direct battery supply to T05, and operates with the ignition-dependent supply (INT/A). The operation of both is interrupted during engine starting (key at START position).The engine control unit M010 interrupts compressor operation depending on the signal it receives as input, at pin 23 connector B, from the linear sensor K120. The sensor receives the supply and earth reference from pins 22 and 29 connector A of the engine control unit M010.

@Kolalar I agree on the principle of operation and the order of forwarding the connections, but all the time you dictate connections from the 5AF driver for 4AF there is a different distribution of pin numbers.

But there is one nuance. The signal to the engine controller is sent through the air conditioning relay without the participation of the body computer, because there is a bridge of 3 signal wires after leaving the body. One leads to the power supply of the cabin fan coil, so there is definitely a signal for the relay after ignition, and the other in parallel leads to the air conditioning switch plug and then the signal through the freezing sensor, if allowed, only leads to the computer, allowing you to perform the air conditioning section.
So BODY only gives the signal power, which is for sure, because the fan has the same signal and it is known that it works every time you turn the key.

Attachments

• 5AF.jpg
    5AF.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 4AF.jpg
    4AF.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG20230107154431_00.jpg
    IMG20230107154431_00.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
If the fans work with the ac switch in place that would be progress

The light will never work as that’s controlled solely by the body computer and even if wired would need programming

Back