Technical manifold/downpipe/cat

Currently reading:
Technical manifold/downpipe/cat

John87

right so i had a small blow in my exhaust at the cat/downpipe but hadnt got
so the car - mk2/b 1.2 8v (60hp)

round to patching it up or replacing it (money issues atm more than anything) but while parked up Saturday during work its somehow managed to snap off (guessing it was rusted right round and just ready to come off although it was fine before i started work)...so i need a new mani/cat/downpipe asap as the noise is unbearable...it makes my Impreza sound like its not even running and the note is a bland horrible note.

basically a few questions. any recommendations on where to get? cheaper the better...Ive found one on eBay for £80 (unsure if there is additional "highlands" charge for Aberdeenshire from this seller yet) but i would prefer to spend as little as possible on this car. I doubt I can do a quick fix either because of how/where it has snapped off. Would a 16valve mani-cat-downpipe fit my 8valve? or does it have to be one made for the 8v (not sure if there is any difference in dimensions but better to check)

thanks in advance

if it snapped at the flange joint you can get a repair piece that clamps to the end of the cat pipe and bolts to the flange. They are available on ebay for a lot less than the manicat.

Mine broke recently and a chap welded it for me for £30!

I'd suggest taking both parts off and have a look what the break is like.

will do thanks :) £30 for some welding sounds much better than £90 for a new one haha

just seen your image the repair part is for if it snaps where it joins the centre pipe. Only option for yours is welding or replace.

Back