Technical Exhaust mani cat to flexi pipe gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust mani cat to flexi pipe gasket

OK I have put a new mani cat on and got a previously fitted flexi centre pipe. I went on eurocarparts for a gasket and it came back with a thin metal gasket with a groove around the internal diameter and a steel ring.
My question is does the ring go on the flexi pipe end and the gasket groove side onto it?
Also, do I need paste?
I've got some jd weld extreme heat paste.

OK I have put a new mani cat on and got a previously fitted flexi centre pipe. I went on eurocarparts for a gasket and it came back with a thin metal gasket with a groove around the internal diameter and a steel ring.
My question is does the ring go on the flexi pipe end and the gasket groove side onto it?
Also, do I need paste?
I've got some jd weld extreme heat paste.

You need exhaust cement.

I would not use that JD weld extreme heat. The manufacturer says it is good to 535C and it is organic.

What like gun gum?

I have this tooth paste like stuff so i put a thin amount on both surfaces. The problem with doing this job on my car is i have to undo the gearbox mount and push the engine forwards and even then there is not a huge amount of room to be spreading something while lying on my back with hardly any room.

But i might be steering you wrong with the jb weld extreme heat because JB weld muffler cement has good for 350F! or 700F depending on the picture of the tube you are looking at. Also permatex make ultra copper which is a silicon for exhaust gaskets and that is only good for 300C ?

Gun gun is described as a paste but also as a putty. in an ideal world you just squeeze out what you need out of your tube and just smear it around with your fingers without too much hassle. People are saying gun gun can come out a bit dry and using the spatula is not easy as it sticks to your hands!

But hey what do i know? I was resisting the idea of an organic material on an exhaust

Last edited:
Back