General manifold doesn't fit :(

Currently reading:
General manifold doesn't fit :(

Cinq_cat.jpg

From underneath and

Cinq_mani_and_cat.jpg

that looks like the SPI Seicento setup

it is, this is the cinq OE setup;

so i'm going back to my first post of saying, it doesnt fit on the cinq without mods - the SS website lies. :)

Attachments

• cinq_exhaust.JPG
    cinq_exhaust.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 9
  • cinq_exhaust_2.JPG
    cinq_exhaust_2.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
i hope this works.. i fabricated a straight through pipe yesterday. and it sounds like a flippin v8 or something..
its not blowing and its a nice tight seal
its doing my head in.
and i swear to god ive had no performance increase (ive lost power if anything)
so hopefully if i try this it wont sound too bad

my car has that manifold, and then just a supersprint backbox. What back box do you have? If you have no back box, you will loose power - you need back pressure, and on an n/a system the backbox is a critical part of that.

then you've cocked something up somewhere, do you have two lambda bosses, are they both sealed or in use, is the manifold sealing properly on the head?

so i take it its one of those where you have to do a fair few miles to let the ecu learn ?

just the one sensor arc
and yeah but as i say.. i cant run around the road with it like that so im about to pull the welder out and weld the cat instead of using u clamps.. to ensure a nice seal
and theres no blowing from the cylinder head to manifold

thanks for your help yazza (n):confused:

and i dont think i want to weld it to the manifold as the manifold will more than likely outlast the cat

just the one sensor arc
and yeah but as i say.. i cant run around the road with it like that so im about to pull the welder out and weld the cat instead of using u clamps.. to ensure a nice seal
and theres no blowing from the cylinder head to manifold

did you use assembly paste to seal the joins, put it on the bit before you slot it into the other bit and tighetn the clamp down

you really don't need to weld it but that is up to you, did you get the flanged sleave that SS supply? (I think this is how they get away with saying it will fit with the cat) if you did it works fine with this.

just a bit more advice, make sure you don't overtighten the spring joint as it's not unknow for the manifold to crack especially if the engine mounts are a blit sloppy,

Edit: oh and mind you don't damage the the fibre spring joint gasket as you swop things around it is very easy to do and it will sound like a JCB if you do

Back