Technical Magneti Marelli Power Pedal installed

Currently reading:
Technical Magneti Marelli Power Pedal installed

I've just installed a Magneti Marelli Power Pedal. I had this one planned since I put the Power Module in. I hooked it up to my computer and paired it with the remote I'm also using for the Power Module.

Installing it in the car was a bit of a hassle. There is not a lot of space and you have to be a bit of a contortionist to get to the stock connector. Many thanks to forum user Cameroooonk for showing my how to get the stock connector off (y) The rest was easy. Hid the box away nicely with some zip-ties.

Then how is it? I've always been a bit skeptical with these modules (SprintBooster, GoPedal, Power Pedal) since they don't give any power but just changes the the response. But I decided to give it a chance - and I'm glad I did :D

The module is really awesome. It might just be tricking me into thinking the car has got more power but I don't care! It is just so much fun :D Press the pedal a little when the module is in setting 2 and the car flies away like a freaking rocket ship!

Being able to control the Power Module and the Power Pedal with the same remote is a great feature. The modules are great together.

Thing is it doesn't make it any more responsive, it's one thing people don't seem to get. The throttle can only open so quickly and no plug in thing will change that.

Sounds good but for me, the last thing I need on my A500 is a more responsive throttle, I have enough trouble keeping it at a constant speed (ie reasonably legal) on motorways as it is!

Sounds good but for me, the last thing I need on my A500 is a more responsive throttle, I have enough trouble keeping it at a constant speed (ie reasonably legal) on motorways as it is!

No doubt :D I'd wish Abarth was sold here in Denmark. There are a few imports from Germany driving around. Sadly with out taxes they would be very expensive!

Thing is it doesn't make it any more responsive, it's one thing people don't seem to get. The throttle can only open so quickly and no plug in thing will change that.

:yeahthat: it's only pedal sensitivity so it fully opens the throttle after only 1/3 press to the floor rather than all the way.

Out of interest can you set it up for economy so flooring it will only even half open the throttle, and although slow your acceleration down, will save fuel potentially :confused:

Out of interest can you set it up for economy so flooring it will only even half open the throttle, and although slow your acceleration down, will save fuel potentially :confused:

The ECO button basically already does that. You certainly wouldn't want anything slower than ECO.

The ECO button basically already does that. You certainly wouldn't want anything slower than ECO.

I read that the eco button in a TwinAir 500 actually reduces the amount of torque and power available. It also feels like the car is much slower to respond in eco mode, to the point of actually being dangerous when you need to take-off in a hurry.

I read that the eco button in a TwinAir 500 actually reduces the amount of torque and power available. It also feels like the car is much slower to respond in eco mode, to the point of actually being dangerous when you need to take-off in a hurry.

It's fine when run-in, whats the mileage on your car?

You know, I've agreed with you on the 'pedals' in the past, but it occurs to me that TA's don't have a throttle to open and therefore this thing could actually do something?

For 1.2's and 1.4's the speed of the stepper motor that opens the throttle plate is the restriction to response, but not in a TA/MA.

Back