Technical lowering on gas shocks

Currently reading:
Technical lowering on gas shocks

jay_mz89

Established member
I have a friend who has some 40mm lowering springs from his old punto cabriolet which he is giving me. (he's a bit of a petrol head)

Firstly does anyone know if they will fit my 55s? and secondly my 55s has gas front shocks, is it true that you cannot use lowering springs on gas shocks or will this not matter?

Last, how much of a difference will a strut brace make once its lowered?

thanks in advance guys!

i think the cab uses different suspension to the normal hatchback.

a strut brace will not make a massive difference really, it's mostly in your head. But technically it should make a difference, you just wont be abel to tell unless your on a track.

its not full suspension its just the springs, doesn't the cab have rear discs though same as gt?

just Drums on the Rear of the cabs. Iam looking for Lowering springs for my cabby. Iam not sure if they will fit the 55 as from what i remember the springs are wider on the cabs. But if they dont i will be intrested in buying them off you!

Ill keep you posted! still wanna know if I can lower on gas shocks though or whether I need lowered shocks or go back to standard oil ones?

how much are you lowering by??? ive had my mk2 lowered 50 mm, it was originally on standard shocks, which was fine, but ive upgraded to shorter shocks and these are gas, and there are no problems what so ever.

Also my previous mk1 punto was lowered 40mm and these were on gas shocks but these were not any shorter and again no probs whatsoever.

hope this helps.

helps alot buddy, just what I wanted to hear! Ill be lowering my mk1 by 40mm so long as the springs fit then! and insurance allows.... lol go nice with me new ally's and then its the cc'd bumpers once I get them smoothed sprayed!

sounds, quite nice! keep up the good work. heres my mk2 at the moment........

Attachments

• Image0008[1].jpg
    Image0008[1].jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 65
g8crasher,

Nice looking Punto, so you have a 50mm drop ;)

What inch rims and tyres are on there

Im lookingat 35mm and putting on 15" Alloys with 195\50 but i want to see some pics to see how low it looks as, as its my works car It cant looked slammed could you advise on your wheels and tyres and upload a side veiw pic please(y)

Back