Styling Lowering my evo to make it look normal

Currently reading:
Styling Lowering my evo to make it look normal

So I really want to lower my Evo to make it look normal... somewhat along the lines of how a sporting looks because the arch gap is ridiculous....

What springs do people recommend. Im guessing cheap springs mean an uncomfortable ride.

Also any disadvantages when lowering the car or buying shorter springs?
What specs/things do I need to look for when purchasing aftermarket springs and what things do i need to keep clear of? Im a novice at this :D

Heres a pic, ps the rear drum brakes are sprayed black now :slayer:

5f5d34e69a3b88afe9603e7ac2d076ce.png

30mm springs is what your after. They will lower it and make it corner better but will still look oem.
Spax or Eibach are good names for spring but there are some cheaper brands out there .
Depending on budget and the condition of your current suspension , there is a budget range of coilovers on ebay which are adjustable so you can lower the front and rear independently and go as low or high as you want .

Ive recently lowerd 50mm on spax spring and the ride is noticeably harsher but not uncomfortable.

Also why do many springs lower the front more or vice versa? Why not have the same all round?

Front wheel sits 38mm from centre of hub cap to the wing
Rear wheel sits 40mm from centre of hub cap to the guard

Last edited:
Changing springs only can result in a premature failure of shock absorbers, because they don't work at the height designed.

One thing you can search is perhaps original Abarth shock absorbers and springs, because all people that have buy an EsseEsse kit are with original Abarth parts on arms... (don't know if this expression is right :p )

Back