General Look what I found, new touchscreen navigation HU for bravo

Currently reading:
General Look what I found, new touchscreen navigation HU for bravo

Who said the door has to be dismantle, that would be so pointless and unnesesary job :)

I just slided the antenna behind the doors hinges and that's it, 10 sec. job!
The reason why I put this antenna externally was to make sure the signal will be as best quality as possible. I think after a few days I will move it somwehere inside but still in invisible place as personally I dont like to have unnesesary things hanging out on my cars dashboard.

regards.

You could just place it under the dashboard.
I had a Clarion HU (with navigation) installed a couple of months ago and the man who installed it, just placed the GPS antenna under the dashboard (as far forward as possible).
That way it's hidden and if it's a good antenna it shouldn't have trouble picking up the satellittes.

Very nice - are you getting a good gps signal with the antenna mounted in the door ?

A couple of extra questions...

Is the steering wheel controls working properly ?

Can you share a couple of photos showing the rear-view camera and how it's installed ?

How does the receiver switch to rear-view - is that done by the CANBUS box or did you need to connect it to the gearlever ?

First of all the GPS antenna is not mounted in the door but behind them, to be more specific behind door hinges (se the picture).
I did it to find out how good the reception will be and after sometime I am going to put it somewhere inside and the see thew difference.
So far I just have had a single ride on the countryside and the signal was very good.

Steering wheel buttons-they are working as normal with same functions (voice level control and switching tracks/radio station, mute, etc)

Rear view camera, that is a separate chapter.
Unfortunately the manufacturer provide a very basic instalation guide.
The camera comes with a 5m long standard chinch (yellow colour) which send the videao signal from camera to HU. This have to be to connected to the yellow chinch on the back of the unit (labeled as Aux in).
There is another black chinch connection from the camera with the cable (1.2m long) which splits into single black and red wires (the connection of thas was not expalined at all). Fortunatelly my friend who is an electrician advised me that these two small wires(black and red) are for powering the camera and they should be connected to the reverse light bulb wires- when applyinh reverse gear the light is automaticaly swithed on so the camera as well. I did that connection and it worked perfectly.
Because the rear camera is connected to the HU as an external device to everytime before you are going to reverse you need to turn the AUX button on the HU panel and then when you apply reverse gears the picture from camera will appear on the screen. It is shame it is not more aoutomatic but maybe someone knows better way of connecting the camera to the unit.
Bellow you can find some pictures of the camera. You can install it externally (I did srew it to one of the plate ligth cover) or flush it somwhere else. I just didn't want to bore any holes in the rear bumper. I is all donw to you where you want to moun it.

Attachments

• P1020563.JPG
    P1020563.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • P1020565.JPG
    P1020565.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • P1020567.JPG
    P1020567.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
The rear view camera, that is a separate chapter.
Unfortunately the manufacturer provide a very basic instalation guide.
The camera comes with a 5m long standard chinch (yellow colour) which send the videao signal from camera to HU. This have to be to connected to the yellow chinch on the back of the unit (labeled as Aux in).
There is another black chinch connection from the camera with the cable (1.2m long) which splits into single black and red wires (the connection of thas was not expalined at all). Fortunatelly my friend who is an electrician advised me that these two small wires(black and red) are for powering the camera and they should be connected to the reverse light bulb wires- when applyinh reverse gear the light is automaticaly swithed on so the camera as well. I did that connection and it worked perfectly.
Because the rear camera is connected to the HU as an external device to everytime before you are going to reverse you need to turn the AUX button on the HU panel and then when you apply reverse gears the picture from camera will appear on the screen. It is shame it is not more aoutomatic but maybe someone knows better way of connecting the camera to the unit.
Bellow you can find some pictures of the camera. You can install it externally (I did srew it to one of the plate ligth cover) or flush it somwhere else. I just didn't want to bore any holes in the rear bumper. I is all donw to you where you want to moun it.
It's real shame; mine is automatic either the HU is on or off. Whenever I engage reverse the camera image immediatly pops up on the screen.

There is a cable coming out of your HU that you should connect with the rear gear light or gear shift sensor so that it would switch automatically to the camera when in rear gear. If you already did that then there's an option for it in the settings to activate it.

It's the same for the TV, you have to plug it to the handbrake sensor for it to work.

There is a cable coming out of your HU that you should connect with the rear gear light or gear shift sensor so that it would switch automatically to the camera when in rear gear. If you already did that then there's an option for it in the settings to activate it.

It's the same for the TV, you have to plug it to the handbrake sensor for it to work.

Yes I admit I did that connection by kind of guessing and trying do it the easiest way.
Could you tell me a bit more in detail which cables (there are many different colur ones) needs to be coneccted with eachother.
Thanks a lot.
regards

normally each cable coming out of your HU should have a tag on it saying what it's for.

attachment.php

Many thanks for the visual explanation, I have exactly the same set of cables with my HU.
Correct me if I am wrong but there needs to be two separate connections for fully automatic turning on the camera when reversing:
# the video cable (yellow chinch) from the camera with AUX OUT chinch from HU
#one of the HU cables(labeled) with one of the car's cables (don't know which one)
Is this right?
Many thanks.

The camera feed is a yellow RCA plug I guess you already plugged it.

The cable that would allow the HU to switch automatically to the rear view camera would be a single wire (like the blue and pink ones on the photo). good luck finding which one it is :)

There is also an option in the settings menu to have your HU automatically turn on when you go into reverse gear and show you what's behind you and then automatically turn back off when you're done going backwards.

The camera feed is a yellow RCA plug I guess you already plugged it.

The cable that would allow the HU to switch automatically to the rear view camera would be a single wire (like the blue and pink ones on the photo). good luck finding which one it is :)

There is also an option in the settings menu to have your HU automatically turn on when you go into reverse gear and show you what's behind you and then automatically turn back off when you're done going backwards.

Yes I have plugged the yellow RCA to the HU Aux In RCA.
There are 4 single cables labeled: GDA, BRAKE,TUN-ANT and BACK. I guess the one responsible for automatic rear view is the BACK?
The question is where to connect this cable to? They seems to fit on male RCA cables. I tried to connect this BACK cable with yellow RCA cable from the camera, but that didn't work.
My HU doesn't have any additional settings for automatic rear view.
Many thanks for help.

I just received my headunit and installed it - everything is working.

Installation is straight-forward with the supplied tools and cables

I mounted the GPS antenna under the dashboard and there is plenty of signal strength.

The software in the unit is 'so-so' - eg. the DVD media player looks like something from a very old cheap DVD player.

The only problem I have encountered is with TMC. The unit has a built-in TMC receiver but the iGo Primo software that shipped with the unit does not seem to recognize the tmc receiver - does anyone have any experience with this ????

I just received my headunit and installed it - everything is working.

Installation is straight-forward with the supplied tools and cables

I mounted the GPS antenna under the dashboard and there is plenty of signal strength.

The software in the unit is 'so-so' - eg. the DVD media player looks like something from a very old cheap DVD player.

The only problem I have encountered is with TMC. The unit has a built-in TMC receiver but the iGo Primo software that shipped with the unit does not seem to recognize the tmc receiver - does anyone have any experience with this ????

Hi vildpingvin,

How did you connect the reverse camera trigger? Does the can-bus box have any reverse gear trigger, or did you use something else?

Regards,

Hi all,

This looks awesome! ive had several head units and i am not happy with any of them. just thought i would ask what the sound quality is like from this head unit? i gather it can be connected to a subwoofer?

The sound quality from this HU is the worse.

If you read the whole thread you'd know that I changed my mind about it and didn't buy one. It uses cheap chinese designed audio components inside that make everything sound awful.

I have bought one of these units and have been testing and using it for a week now.

From the information gathered on the Internet and own experience it seems most of these units do not support Blue&Me integration.

It seems there are at least four(4) models/companies making these units.
Can the people who own these units confirm and update?
I am trying to make a list of each model and it's specificcations. (Quite difficult to find information on Chinese 2DIN Units)

The units I think exist are

Hualing HL-8811GB (which is the one at the beginning of the post)
CPU ARM 11 - 600MHZ
Should have Blue&Me Support.
Hualing has a PDF file confirming that this specific unit uses the onboard CSR car-mounted Bluetooth chip BC3 for better voice quality
The video you see with voice supposedly is this one.
Can someone confirm this?
GPS module should be Nowada NP-301
This unit has outputs at he back that look like this
attachment.php

FAH498
This is another brand I found but can't find much information about.
It seems like an older unit which only supports 4GB cards
This unit has output at the back:
545669748_276.jpg

T8811G (Tradesolution)
This is the version I bought.
You have to connect an adapter to the standard Fiat Bravo cables that come from your old radio. Then you have to connect the CANBUS provided to the radio (otherwise it won't power up). This unit seems to support 32GB microSD and 16GB microSD cards (tested).
It supports IGO Primo 2. You have to connect the provided GPS antenna.
Playing video does not work from USB.
Playing video works from SD card. The video formats (codecs is not very big). It does support AVI and MPG . Seems not to support MP4.
Codecs used that do work are MPEG-2. The resolution should NOT be higher than 480x360 otherwise it would say Unsupported Format. I tried DIVX/XVID but also does not support all resolutions.
The sound quality on Bluetooth unfortunately is horrrible. No one can understand me when I call them. I do hear them but they can't hear me. (They hear echo and breaking sounds). I will try with another type of phone and give more feedback.
The back looks like this which you get wiht a lot of lose cables (with labels on them) so you can connect many things.
545669748_276.jpg

FT6281-GD (Compraevai)
This unit I found on Italian EBay.
Cant find much information about it.
It has these specifications GPS Processore: 117 SUNSUMG and CPU: Intel PXA255, RAM: 128 MB. with GPS Chipset: SiRF STAR III
Does not support memory cards bigger than 4GB.
Also seems to come with an IR remote

Bluetooth and Support for Blue&Me
It seems that only the Hualing supports it. Can someone confirm this?

Hi all, can someone tell the difference between the sound quality of the original unit and the China one? Which one is better? Or is there no difference between the 2.

The chinese headunit sound quality is the worse, no matter what kind of speakers and amps you have.

DON'T BUY IT

Thanks! I will keep my money in the pocket :) Does anyone have a good suggestion for a decent replacement of the original unit? Can be a 2-din without navigation options.

Last edited:
Of course. That's even worse than the chinese headunit, it's not touchscreen, doesn't play video and even the navigation on it is crap.

The best thing to do is use a doubledin pioneer or alpine headunit.

Do you suggest any model? And by the way, are they compatible with the steering wheel buttons or do they require a special connector? Because it's quite difficult to find those connectors here in Portugal :(

Back