Styling lockwood dials with blue backlights

Currently reading:
Styling lockwood dials with blue backlights

scottc1088

looking at buying some lockwood dials and putting blue led's behind them in place of originals
was just wondering if the lockwood easy fit kits are ok as i dont really want to be removing needles
also has anyone got any pics of the dials with blue led's as i dont want it to look crap as in blue patches everywhere, i want the light spread out evenly

1 more thing has anyone got a site where you can buy the leds listed in the faq

cheers

There ya go m8, wats in my cinq

Edit* Crap blurry pic there but me camera batt ran out and got none to replace em, Ya get the jist of it lol

Attachments

• P1010222.JPG
    P1010222.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 59
both sets off ebay, which is the other set? the switch set and dial set hope you understand lol cos iv only just got up ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
sorted it now, the person selling them on here didnt reply so iv jsut bought the led's off that person you mentioned on ebay
dials should be here tomorrow and leds in a couple of days
ill fit it all saturday and get pics
cheers

fitted them all, dials are very good, dash illumination is good but 4 of the leds for the switches have blown and i managed to loose 1 of the contacts when removing headlight switch so need a new headlight switch now so would be grateful if someone could sort me one out

yep, cant see them needing resistors but dont see how they all blew cos i actually seen 2 of them go

iv emailed him and he said to send them back as 1 of the electric window leds didnt work but i said its not worth posting back, so he said if i pay £3 hell send me another electric window led and 6 switch ones but i dont wanna fit them if there just gonna blow cos obviously theres a problem somewhere
hope that makes sense :eek:

well i was looking at changing the colour of these.stuck a blue in one and a red in another and both were fine. shouldnt have any probs as the circuit voltage is already reduced for led's. especially with blue led's as they can take a higher voltage than the red ones for example and the red ones have run fine in mine for about a month.

been meaning to get around to doing the full change over.though i will be making my own up as im too tight to pay someone else ;)

Back