live messenger problems.

Currently reading:
live messenger problems.

my windows live messenger will not sign in, it says-

You need to install the latest version of Messenger. It includes security updates to help keep you and your friends safe online while you chat.

Starting September 15, 2009, users are required to have the latest version of Messenger installed on their computer in order to sign in and continue using the Messenger service. To download the latest version of Messenger, go to the Windows Live Messenger website.

so i go to the site and click download and it just says 'messenger already installed'

windows live messenger is not on my list of programmes in control panel in remove or add programmes and even when you search 'windows live messenger' on the computer its not found, and its not on the start menu but it loads up when you turn the computer on, any ideas?

look in windows live essentils its part of that package

Steve

Last edited:
I've given up on Live messenger, do to the horrible roll-over adverts, all the extra crap that Windows Live makes you install, and the fact it its just a cramped GUI now.

Messenger 7.5 and 8 used to be good, but I've just changed to Pidgin, which is better by far.

install this:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

then run it and it should pick up windows live messenger as a program. Then unistall all bits and try to re install.

Have you tried a detect and repair/fix problems type install yet?

:yeahthat:

its probaley installed in another folder in your prgrames directory under windows something or other

Back