Technical £1000 to spend on performance mods

Currently reading:
Technical £1000 to spend on performance mods

As title, I will soon have £1000 to spend on performance bits for my cinq :eek:

How would you spend it?? - Parts only, labour costs will come from my other fund :p

The engine has to be an 1108 and no turbo :chin:

I already have superchip, 40mm TB, janspeed manifold/decat and straight through exhaust, I dont really want to get rid of these, but if there are better alternatives then I am willing to consider.

Any opinion and advise appreciated (y)

(have i just opened a huge can of worms :D)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
GhostWKD said:
why 1108 only? :p

i would say insurance issues, but an 1108 with mods could be just as expensive

ok an 1108 for now ;) , am i right in thinking most parts would be interchangable from the 1242

arc said:
why 1108 and no turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Mini-Coop...ryZ10374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :devil:

Sticking 1108, and n/a though. Headwork. Ported, gas flowed, multiangle valve seats, lighten buckets, stronger springs, reprofiled cam.

Bottom end dynamically balanced, lightened flywheel, knife edge crank.

would this be achievable with my budget?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
gaz_wrexham said:
i would say insurance issues, but an 1108 with mods could be just as expensive

ok an 1108 for now ;) , am i right in thinking most parts would be interchangable from the 1242

would this be achievable with my budget?

I'm not really sure. If you plan to go 1242 at somepoint, might wanna hold off on the work on the bottom end (unless someone with a highboost 1108 wanted to buy it afterwards.. thought it'd need re-balancing with low comps fitted i think). The head can be taken onto the 1242.

Steve said:
Why hold back Gaz? Why not go all out and fit a turboed 1242? It's your toy after all and you have the cash. The insurance difference would be minimal.

im holding back cause cash would be spent on the car as and when i have it, it means saving for an extra couple of months, i dont think i could do that :eek:

i dunno, a turbo just doesnt do anything for me :eek:, most probably cause ive never been in a cento turbo :chin: *hint, hint ;)*

i would also like to see what sort of power is achievable from an 1108

Hello there
I am thinking to change the engine on my car and i was wondering where you can get an engine from? I am thinking to go for the 1224cc one, how mutch it will cost me

Back