laptop cooler tray- these work??

Currently reading:
laptop cooler tray- these work??

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Alan.D said:
? Sometimes my lap top is running all day & night and never had a problem overheating....what processor & graphics are you running/using and have you upgraded anything..
hi,

no havent upgraded anything, its all standard as from dell- celeron 2.60ghz.

i have read on the internet that the dell 1150 suffers from overheating because the fan isnt good enough. :( after 15 minutes, you could actually cook food on it! it burns my legs, and if its on a table, it just shuts down. :(

uno_94 said:
errrmmm 2 years in march.

so what one do you think looks better?

Have you checked to see if there were any recalls......but as far as the e-bay things their much the same. Mind all the heat comes from the processor so will they cool the processor as I doubt there are any vents in the laptop that will lign up with the cooling tray's....maybe getting it opened and fitting a stronger fan next to the processor would help better.

Instead of wasting money on items that may reduce the temperature of the laptop by a fraction, why not try and figure out why it's overheating in the first place? Problem is only likely to get alot worse and your nice new laptop cooler will be ineffective.

Alan.D said:
Have you checked to see if there were any recalls......but as far as the e-bay things their much the same. Mind all the heat comes from the processor so will they cool the processor as I doubt there are any vents in the laptop that will lign up with the cooling tray's....maybe getting it opened and fitting a stronger fan next to the processor would help better.
no there was no recalls, theres loads of people on the dell forum with the same problem as me.

well i bought the second one, will let you know how it is when it comes :)

BrOwS said:
Instead of wasting money on items that may reduce the temperature of the laptop by a fraction, why not try and figure out why it's overheating in the first place? Problem is only likely to get alot worse and your nice new laptop cooler will be ineffective.
its a fault with the dell 1150's, fans not capable for the amount of heat the laptop produces.

uno_94 said:
its a fault with the dell 1150's, fans not capable for the amount of heat the laptop produces.

Was going to suggest something due to the model.. IntelCeleron have 1000 problems as it is =/

as for the laptop cooler's.. they dont work amazingly as you would expect.. dont get me wrong. they work. but it wont fix your problem.

See what the BIOS says temp is after a restart, In my Experience, sometimes, these windows based monitors can be a bit out!!

May be fine though...

79 is quite hot though, is the fan replaceable? if so, that would be a much better investment. You can cool the laptop as much as you can, but if you don't cool the CPU and fry it your stuffed!!

Laptops do suffer from bad heating anyway, as to the design of the case, so it will run a bit hotter than the desktop..

uno_94 said:
well my laptops been on 3 mins and its 78 degrees c

for a celeron i wouldnt be supprised if its burning its self out, thats why its shutting down.

the tray wont do a thing, it hardley moves any air as it then its in the wrong place so i would be amazed if it worked.

you can probably get laptop fans just find a beefy one with a high CFM (50+ min)

alsom why the hell down you just buy a destop pc?

What generation celeron is it? I had to condem a P3 750 to death because it was overheating. I tried everything. Re-seating the heatsink, replacing the fan. In the end it was just too unstable to work with.

Does your heatsink sit directly on the CPU or does it use a heat-pipe design where a the CPU is covered by a small flat block and the actual heat sink sits further away on the end of a pipe?

Back