laptop cooler tray- these work??

Currently reading:
laptop cooler tray- these work??

carlos1981 said:
See what the BIOS says temp is after a restart, In my Experience, sometimes, these windows based monitors can be a bit out!!

May be fine though...

By the time you have shutdown and restarted into the BIOS the CPU will have cooled significantly since CPU usage drops during shutdown and is hardly used during bootup. Laptops especially will have smaller heatsinks meaning less heat is trapped in the heatsink material.

well i dont really know but hope picture i just took answers your question-

Attachments

• Image328.jpg
    Image328.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 32
those two curved yellowy things leaving the top of the CPU and curving around to the right-back are the heat pipes. If they are not conducting the heat properly then it's game over.

Can't believe you have the top off and the laptop still on!

Hellcat said:
those two curved yellowy things leaving the top of the CPU and curving around to the right-back are the heat pipes. If they are not conducting the heat properly then it's game over.

Can't believe you have the top off and the laptop still on!
ok, hmmm i duno lol- how would i know if they conduct properly?

LOL- its fine ;) would of taken longer if i had to shut it down.

Last edited:
coller tray came.

yesterday it was 78 degrees C after about 5 mins, but today its been on for about 8 hours and its stayed at a steady 60 degrees c. :) , only thing is the tray has trouble with my 1.1 usb ports so its now plugged into a 2.0 usb hub, kind of annoying having this hub thing hanging around. :(

BUT im still unsure if the tray has done much, because it appears that after taking off the top of my laptop yesterday it turns out i forgot to put the plastic cover and metal covers on which go over the cpu, so it could just be that me leaving the covers off has made it cooler there. lol.

i had the same problem as you with my old p4 2.6 laptop shuting down and in the end i found out the graphics card fan had blown(gta vice city did this) causing the overheating and killing the rest off,got a new laptop now(p4 3.6)
and i keep it lifted up off the table with bluetack works a treat

Back