Pepsi issues with laptop

Currently reading:
Pepsi issues with laptop

So laptop got drenched in Pepsi.

I took it apart and cleaned it, dried it and put it together again, it started working again after hours...

But then the sugar inside the keyboard started to get noticeable I think as keys stopped working (return, the whole number pad and variuos other keys).

I'm happy to replace the keyboard but also the cursor has started always scrolling to top/beginning, so I can only read top email, and can't search further down in ebay listings etc.

Sometimes I can get down for a bit with the arrow key but eventually it will start scrolling up again.

The touchpad won't let me move down at all.

Help please, it doesn't sound like it's juist the keyboard to me, any advise please.

Pepsi will start to rot the copper tracks.
may be best to dismantle it all and wash it with deionised water and a toothbrush/paintbrush.

Then put it somewhere warm for a day+

Thank you all for your replies.
It wasnt litres of Pepsi but kind of sprayed all over. I couldnt find any sign of it having actually gobe through any further than the keyboard. Bit will clean it again and leave it to dry just to be dage. And put another keyboard in (y)

You're lucky, really. My daughter spilt some Nestea on her 18 day old new Dell laptop...up to 15 days you can buy a maintenance guarantee that will fix it regardless...but hers was a complete write-off, despite getting the hairdrier on it straight away. Uneconomical to repair, said Dell. It's a throwaway society these days. :(

I spilt rubbing alcohol once on my laptop keyboard while cleaning, I immiediately shut the computer off, the screen was a strange shade of color after powering it back up, but there didn't seem to be any lasting effects, and the display screen returned to normal.

Back