General KN air Filter

Currently reading:
General KN air Filter

xXx BL

alright guys ... im thinking of putting a KN air filter in my car ( 2004 punto active sport ) i was just wondering if anyone would let me know about the pros and cons and what is needed to do this ... as you can tell im not very good with cars :/

thankss

:D

fitting is easy just a screw driver to get the old air box off and other basic tools for fitting

k&n is bad sits on top of your engine sucking up hot air

KandN Filters are good filters, its just it sits ontop of the engine
Where all the Hot air also sits :(
So as a result, it sucks hot air in

Now this can be a blessing in the winter to a degree, as the engine would use alot less fuel as the warm air it sucks in means less Fuel has to be used to get the correct fuel/air mixture

But in the summer it means a hot engine, sucking in extra hot air, it means poo performance

Ziggy

i found with all honesty that with me k&N that the engine temperature stayed a lot higher than with me new induction kit...with k&N was constantly on 1/2 mark and now just on a 1/4 takes longer for heater to warm up like lol

and K&n killed a lot of fuel :(

mine at the minute is always on half way is that good or bad ?

If you with K&N air filter, you will have 3 options:

Panel replacement filter - i have this one, standard replacement, insurance comps don't car and i get Fab mpg after fitting it, noise is NOT louder but a little deeper

57i induction filter (i think) - sits on top of TB, comes with large air ducts to try and help colder air get to the filter, weather or not this works i do not know as i've never tried it(y)

Induction kit - most expensive - comes with heat sheilds & filter (Race filter style jobby) again, i've never tried this so i don't know if its any good

However sound wise the bottom too sound like you car does if you remove standard airbox & filter. The K&N panel filter is somewhere in the middle but closer the standard sound(y)

Hope this helps(y)

If your thinking of the open air K&N cone filter, then literally get some hollow air ducts and run them towards the filter, normally hide them behind the bumper.. helps alot :)

If you with K&N air filter, you will have 3 options:

Panel replacement filter - i have this one, standard replacement, insurance comps don't car and i get Fab mpg after fitting it, noise is NOT louder but a little deeper

57i induction filter (i think) - sits on top of TB, comes with large air ducts to try and help colder air get to the filter, weather or not this works i do not know as i've never tried it(y)

Induction kit - most expensive - comes with heat sheilds & filter (Race filter style jobby) again, i've never tried this so i don't know if its any good

However sound wise the bottom too sound like you car does if you remove standard airbox & filter. The K&N panel filter is somewhere in the middle but closer the standard sound(y)

Hope this helps(y)

If you want sounds k&n induction 57i kit makes best sound....booooorm tiiiiish noise good for standard engines

however for performance i would make your own induction kit tbh i made mine for around £60 goes to front of bumper :)

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/IMG00364-20110313-1224.jpg

cold air is best take the filter to the air not the air to the filter (y) silicone is best as it doesnt conduct heat like metal :)

All the hoses are on ebay. But be especially careful going though deep water.

Hot air into the engine always reduces power because there is less air mass so less fuel can be burnt. The throttle body already has a de-icing heater so pre heated air is not needed.

You can get K&N filters as direct replacements for standard paper elements. They wont affect the insurance.

Brin, am i just been blind or do you not have an oil breather pipe on the induction you made? lol

dnt have one lol...was going to with a T piece silicone pipe but well no room in engine bay for it...might drill a hole in the silicone and re attah it though lol doesnt do owt to performance its only oil vapour just makes a mess of your throttle every now and agian lol

dnt have one lol...was going to with a T piece silicone pipe but well no room in engine bay for it...might drill a hole in the silicone and re attah it though lol doesnt do owt to performance its only oil vapour just makes a mess of your throttle every now and agian lol

lol was just curious thats all, just couldnt see one

erm... My breather make quiet abit of Smokey-ness - so surly you can smell that in the car? :S

And Isn't it an MOT failure, when they see the oil breather is just dangling there.... they'll put it as a Leak of some sort?

Ziggy

errrrm...nah mate its ok...i cant smell any off it

its not MOT failure as far as im concerened i always thought it was because you cant have to going into the atmosphere but i work and train with VOSA and they assured me it is not illegal

Back