Technical K&N 57i filter for seicento

Currently reading:
Technical K&N 57i filter for seicento

syphon123

BlackSei The Beast
hi

just looked at www.fastfiat.com and saw that they have the induction kits for a seicento for sale. has anyone got a picture of one of these fitted to a seicento, as I want an idea of how they fit etc.
also are they worth the money, do they really make that much difference

thanks

syphon

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit ((10"Sub,4Channel 600w amp in boot),6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

I had one of these fitted to my car when I bought it - to be honest, the only thing it seemed to do was to drink fuel, and to make the car fail the MOT.

It had to go through the MOT 3 times failing each time on emmisions until eventually they suggested taking the filter off and putting the std airbox back on.

Don't know if this was just a one off, but I certainly wouldn't bother for the difference it makes in performance - not unless you are going to totally mod the engine.

Graham

[email protected]

i have the K&N model fitted to my 2001 Sei - and to no offence to graham but i found that it increased economy over long distances but decreased it around town (specially if you drive it hard) i also found that it had definate performance increase and it sounds soooo nice - dunno about MOT as i am not at that stage yet but you *could* keep the old airfilter + box and put it on for the test then do a switch back but i think thats illegal :)

SEI-POWER

Well i have a cinquecento with 1 fitted sounds gd definetly alot more pull in 3rd and 4th gears and was a iece of **** 2 fit i reckon it wud take u 30mins tops 2 fit. Ill take some pics of mine when i take pics of the rest of the car and post um. As 4 emissions if it fails its MOT ill pop on the old standard air filter then swap them rnd afterwards ;).

I'm looking for an induction kit and I was looking at the K & N ones, what I want to know is it just a bolt on i.e just fits over the hole the air box has left or does it feed through to the front of the car

Gaz[^][^][^]

Looks Good, Drives Like a Banana

Rite with my cinquecento u take anything 2 do with the old airbox, cut some of the old piping and replale the piping going 2 the cylinder head with 1 K&N supply, then actually cone jut goes straight onto the carb where the old airbox sat and 1 of those screw clip thinks which r found on the water pipes is used 2 hold it in place. The instructions supplied r very easy step by step instructions 30 mins tops 2 fit :D(sorry about my termanology in my replie lol)

i agree with jonna83 really easy to fit and goes straight on the top - - looks a bit like a mushroom actually :D

SEI-POWER

Back