Technical Just started and could do with some 4x4 help.

Currently reading:
Technical Just started and could do with some 4x4 help.

Thanks for the tips.

Did something similar with son No2s Saxo when his Carlos Fandango wheels ripped the gearbox bearings out!

Idea is to drop as much as possible so we can man lift it on to a trailer and into the booth.

Spray shop , weather, work and family stuff mean I have a random timetable but will be on a run as soon as its done!

Thanks. Even if it only goes once it will go.
Need the pictures.
That's is after all what is what built for.
Long as I don't have to put any sheep in it?

Derek

Andy shared the youtube link but that video means you are all insane!:worship:
OK I'm in!(y)

So snorkel, bars and winch are now to on the build list?:eek:

Andy shared the youtube link but that video means you are all insane!:worship:
OK I'm in!(y)

So snorkel, bars and winch are now to on the build list?:eek:

Haha excellent (y) If your Panda isnt ready for the next meet (currently TBC) then you can always tag along and jump in someones car just to see what its all about.

Regarding mods.. Snorkels are mostly pointless given that its a petrol car, water will get into your dizzy, plugs, leads etc before you would see much benefit from a snorkel. A lot of us just change the location of the air intake pipe while offroading.

Bullbars are good, its a trade off between weight and practicality. Personally the only use I've had with mine was saving me from smashing my wing/light on a tree (as seen in one of the Yorkshire Dales videos) and being useful to lift/move the vehicle when stuck (y)

I dont actually think anyone has fitted a winch/used one yet, I know some of the Italians fit them but unless youre on your own you can just use another panda and a tow rope :)

What a lot of peope do is reinforcing the sump guard, it can help when you accidentily drag the middle of your across some rocks or a big rut etc. Seems to be quite common these days to do lift kits as well and chunky tyres. a CB radio is also a must for communications when going to a lane or out on the lane.

At the end of the day its all personal preference, do what you want but make sure you have fun!

Haha excellent (y) If your Panda isnt ready for the next meet (currently TBC) then you can always tag along and jump in someones car just to see what its all about.

Regarding mods.. Snorkels are mostly pointless given that its a petrol car, water will get into your dizzy, plugs, leads etc before you would see much benefit from a snorkel. A lot of us just change the location of the air intake pipe while offroading.

Bullbars are good, its a trade off between weight and practicality. Personally the only use I've had with mine was saving me from smashing my wing/light on a tree (as seen in one of the Yorkshire Dales videos) and being useful to lift/move the vehicle when stuck (y)

I dont actually think anyone has fitted a winch/used one yet, I know some of the Italians fit them but unless youre on your own you can just use another panda and a tow rope :)

What a lot of peope do is reinforcing the sump guard, it can help when you accidentily drag the middle of your across some rocks or a big rut etc. Seems to be quite common these days to do lift kits as well and chunky tyres. a CB radio is also a must for communications when going to a lane or out on the lane.

At the end of the day its all personal preference, do what you want but make sure you have fun!

Ha I'd be embarrassed to bring my current ride but as it on lease and due for return I wont be taking it where it was designed to go.

Excellent as the snorkel was already off the list.:bang:
CB christ that was 1970's...will look in the loft (AM or FM?).

Sump guard now that's pretty easy...exotic material bin at work will be raided.

Now talk about lift kits. Suspension will be out next weekend what am I looking for?:)

Now talk about lift kits. Suspension will be out next weekend what am I looking for?:)

So theres two ways you can do this, you can go down the DIY route where you source all the parts etc or you can speak to our Italian friends who can supply a complete kit shipped direct from Italy.

For the DIY kit you are best speaking to @kolza or @Sjvarley and @adamvarley.

If you want to buy the 'off the shelf' kit it would be best to speak directly with @kestrel4x4 who should be able to sort you out.

I personally went for the 'off the shelf' one from Italy, they have so far provided 3 kits to the UK so can be trusted.

Last edited:
If you need any help there we could contribute.

Is this drop link type brackets or revised mounts, springs, shocks and drive shaft clearance mods?

Is this drop link type brackets or revised mounts, springs, shocks and drive shaft clearance mods?

The kit from Italy contains;

Front
Springs
Spacers
Shock Absorbers
Modified Flange for the gearbox

Rear
Wedge Shaped Spacers
Leaf Spring Shackles

Total lift is in the region of 5cm (can appear more if your existing suspension has sagged over time).

If you check this thread out you can see the discussion I have had previously with them, there are some links on there that take you to pages which show you some of the parts.

Doing it yourself requires finding/making these parts yourself, I know kolza has put a lot of time and effort into researching the best shocks/springs etc to use.

Last edited:
The kit from Italy contains;

Front
Springs
Spacers
Shock Absorbers
Modified Flange for the gearbox

Rear
Wedge Shaped Spacers
Leaf Spring Shackles

Total lift is in the region of 5cm (can appear more if your existing suspension has sagged over time).

If you check this thread out you can see the discussion I have had previously with them, there are some links on there that take you to pages which show you some of the parts.

Doing it yourself requires finding/making these parts yourself, I know @kolza has put a lot of time and effort into researching the best shocks/springs etc to use.

Thanks.
Looks like I have some homework to do!

If you want a straight forward lift then the Italian kit is the way to go in my opinion. It may seem expensive at first but when you actually see what you get then I think it is very reasonable. The parts are properly engineered and extremely well made and the kit is proven to work well.

I fitted the kit to John's Freebo Panda aswell as AndyPanda4x4s (see below) and have one to fit to my own car when it gets to that stage.

Thanks.
Looks like I have some homework to do!

Our diy kit covered all of the above items
But went a little further as we fitted over size wheels+28%
And increased track wheel base
But it is far more involved
By dropping the engine and lowering all body to suspension. Connections by 50mm , this method requires the vehicle to be completely stripped and accessible A lot has been learned from the various stages of IMG_1507180208.101938.jpgThe result

Attachments

• IMG_1507178662.845032.jpg
    IMG_1507178662.845032.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Our diy kit covered all of the above items
But went a little further as we fitted over size wheels+28%
And increased track wheel base
But it is far more involved
By dropping the engine and lowering all body to suspension. Connections by 50mm , this method requires the vehicle to be completely stripped and accessible A lot has been learned from the various stages of View attachment 184846The result

Work required not an issue but costs are(n)
I am guessing about £1.2k of bits for the 5cm lift?
Is there a midway solution (2-3cm)?
Was looking at standard springs and maybe B4 shocks up front.
There seems to be little apart from spring assists or lift blocks for the rear.

The weekend is blown away already :bang:so will 'get it' more next weekend when the running gear comes off.;)

D c. We have all the drawings for the mod using standard parts except 2wd rear shocks £50 contact me or Adam for info or even some parts

Work required not an issue but costs are(n)
I am guessing about £1.2k of bits for the 5cm lift?
Is there a midway solution (2-3cm)?
Was looking at standard springs and maybe B4 shocks up front.
There seems to be little apart from spring assists or lift blocks for the rear.

The weekend is blown away already :bang:so will 'get it' more next weekend when the running gear comes off.;)

I paid €850 for the kit from Italy, I'm not sure if its still this price but is certianly much less hassle than doing it your self! (price included shipping which was over €100 in itself!)

If you want a straight forward lift then the Italian kit is the way to go in my opinion. It may seem expensive at first but when you actually see what you get then I think it is very reasonable. The parts are properly engineered and extremely well made and the kit is proven to work well.

I fitted the kit to John's @Freebo Panda aswell as @AndyPanda4x4s (see below) and have one to fit to my own car when it gets to that stage.

I was going to say no till I saw those images....tempting...:slayer:

D c. We have all the drawings for the mod using standard parts except 2wd rear shocks £50 contact me or Adam for info or even some parts

Thanks. Working in Italy next month so may have to decide soon.(y)

Hello guys. :) :)

These are the updated prices for current year.

FRONT LIFT KIT :

Springs : 150 + 18 Euros (168 E)
Flange (you need it when you lift your panda) : 115 E
Shock Absorbers (front & rear ones) : 150 E
Spacers for shock absorbers (+12 mm) : 75 E

REAR LIFT KIT :

Wedge-Shaped Spacers : 80 E
(you put them below the leaf springs)
Leaf Spring Shackles : 100 E

TOTAL PRICE FOR PIECES : 688 EUROs

Add 6-7 Euros for different payment tickets (695 Euro)
Add 100 Euros for the different shippings (each piece is made by a different factory) , and about 30 - 40 Euros are my gain.

Shipping weight is between 20-25 kilograms. (125 Euro)
The standard weight for a lift kit is 22 – 23 kilograms.

695 + 100 + 125 = 920 Euros

Final price for British members : 920 EUROs

Note : The kit is fully "hand-made" and I use it since December 2009. It works fine on the road, and also in Off- Road use.

Different persons of this forum met me in Italy in 2015, so you can ask them. ;)

After I will finish my studies, I will create a convention with this forum regarding lift kits and also spare parts from Italy.

I have all pictures and documents ready for it (translations included) , I'm just waiting some more time because at moment I cannot be flooded with hundreds requests. :D :D

Last edited:
Back