General Jock wetting 4x4

Currently reading:
General Jock wetting 4x4

Steve said:
Si, I was thinking about this. My apologies for my posts above, they were out of order.

The photo in your gallery shows it in it's true light and you're right, better it's on the road like this than scrapped. I can be a bit over zealous when it comes to Pandas sad git that I am...

thanks for your appologies, i accept!:D I supose ihave been a little outrageous with the neons! A good laugh wiv me mates tho!
Cheers
Si

To say it was rotten ? it's a clean little thing, the spot's are fine by me I had a couple of large one's on my old sisley. What's the switch at the end of the main beam stalk

Attachments

• meet4.JPG
    meet4.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 24
hey, if u wanna find out all the rediculous changes the panda has been through (and believe me i know owning a mk 1 where parts are near impossible to find!) then i recommend the fiat history site (www.carsfromitaly.com). It has everything on there, even the panda electra and the diesel 1.4! oh dear in my opinion!
Check it out, tis quite interesting
Si

Alan.D said:
To say it was rotten ? it's a clean little thing, the spot's are fine by me I had a couple of large one's on my old sisley. What's the switch at the end of the main beam stalk

The switch panel is a bit of a bodge, but controls the amp, neons, and spots! Thanks for your appreciation, she is a beauty in my eyes! :worship: oh hail mighty panda!!

Well like the others i am not a fan of all the neons and that, but look at it from the bigger picture, you have a rare car.

Panda 4x4 are rare but a mk1 4x4 is even rarer. You will be one of a select few to have this car of this age in the country and despite the initial criticism at the beginning, you have spent many hours bringing this rare beast back up to road worthy standard, you have given it love and attention, something which everyone else has done with their pandas.

Dont be depressed about criticism, if you were to put it up for sale, some of this panda lot would snap your hands off as it is, or back to standard.

You have something rare and although it could be argued that your modding can be seen as untraditional, that doesnt mean bad, and everyone is welcomed into the FF panda community, another opinion, another mode of advice, and maybe another pair of hands :)

Enjoy it here, everyone is a good bunch and will muck in together, and help one another, ultimately you have saved a panda, which by the looks of it has many years of happy motoring ahead :)

AppleSei said:
You have something rare and although it could be argued that your modding can be seen as untraditional

Don’t worry, modding a Mk1 is historically very traditional. In the early 80’s just about every Panda we came across was changed.

My own Silver 45S had the optional front spoiler with fog lights, optional rear spoiler and arch extensions (all costed at £24 each by FIAT). On top of that as I was on a budget, when the air box split it was cheaper to fit an K&N filter and when the exhaust blew I made my own using a Peco straight thru box. ;) Fiat spares cost a lot then for the Panda (about 4 times the price of Ford parts!) with no 2nd hand or pattern parts available.:mad:

Oh, it was also fitted with Chromadora alloys and 165 tyres. :cool:

and stop using those goddamn awful image gallery rotate things... we can click next

ok

Attachments

• DSCI0005.jpg
    DSCI0005.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCI0015.jpg
    DSCI0015.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 17883cd3.jpg
    17883cd3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 22
The other thing i am not entirely comfortable with... is the privacy glass... for a car that is so obviously humble...

Tony M said:
The other thing i am not entirely comfortable with... is the privacy glass... for a car that is so obviously humble...

Yeah, that was to stop it getting so hot in my car on summer days! the inside temp used to reach 56 degrees sometimes, now it only reaches bout 35 40 degrees. Much more bareable! I dont mind the look of it myself either. Tis worth doing if ur panda gets as hot as mine did.
U also never get any bastards blinding u with main beam at night, sorted! If u can get over manouevering the car ace ventura style at nite (head outa the window, haha). Oh and the security aswell, makes the glass near impossible to break! Take that car theives.
I would recomend it if u dont mind the looks.

Tony M said:

About 50% of MK1's came with tinted windows as standard, our first 2 1981 Panda's did. My 'up market' 45S didn't. It used to make the replacement windsreen people mad as it was just pot luck what type you got when you bought your new Panda. It was never mentioned in the Fiat blurb of the time.

Mk 1 Panda

:D yeah, i think mine had tinted windows, they were very faint tints tho, unlike modern cars which seem to come with higher tints. was there a leather option aswell? i seem to remember something like that in the owners hand book.

I also see you have made the same mod to the door bins to fit some speakers as I did 20 years ago. Ah, the joys of chain drilling.:bang:

I seem to remember that you could buy dash-pod speakers from Fiat but they were very expensive compared to a nice set of standard speakers for Halfords. University student on a budget again!

Re: Mk 1 Panda

pandamonius_maximus said:
here are some photo's of last summers restoration
That windscreen looks like it might have been heavy enough to bend what was left under it's weight...

Back