General It's been a while, now 500 owner

Currently reading:
General It's been a while, now 500 owner

Hi all,

Haven't shown my face on here for years as I moved away from Fiats, but my wife has just bought an 11 plate, 1.2 lounge on 62k in white and I bloody love the thing!!! https://cdn-i.fiatforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I had a 1998, 60SX Punto, then 2 Stilo Dynamic 3 door JTDs but since have had, Audi A4 1.9, Octavia VRS 1.8T, Fabia VRS TDI, Honda Prelude 2.3 4WS, Honda Civic Type R 2007, Honda Accord 2.2 ES-GT and now a 65 plate Civic 1.6 Idtec Sport.

Anyway, as I said, I love it, it really does make you smile!! It's been a while since I've seen a rev counter going down with my foot on the floor up a certain hill in the Peak District.

I'd go as far as to say as a pure fun factor, it beats the faster cars I've owned, yes they were quick, but it takes no effort and the feeling of giving the little Fiat and damn good Italian Tune-up over the peak district, beats it hands down, you really feel it wants to be driven.

The gearbox and clutch are a surprise, coming from Honda I wasn't expected much, but I'm genuinely impressed with its positive shift and smooth clutch.

Also impressed with the interior space, we have a 3 year old and had no problems getting him in his car seat in the back, on this note, I'm 6 foot 3 and again, have no problems with fitting, even managed to get my 5 foot 3 wife sitting behind me in comfort, and when I finally let here drive it, I could fit in the passenger seat, in front of my son OK too. Boot impressive too!

So far I've given it a decent wash, clay bar going over and the interior a valet, seats could do with a wet vac though (it has the Grey cloth with White vinyl tops), but overall it's come up pretty mint. Getting 2 new front tyres, aircon regas, a service and the cambelt done within a couple of weeks.

Just ordered a new white key case, replacement button pad and fiat key badge along with some grey mats.

One thing I can't seem to work out is the Blue and Me USB socket, it doesn't work at all, plugged in multiple USB devices including sticks and an Iphone SE on its cord and nothing... Looking down into it, it looks a bit dirty, could the unit need replacing? I've seen them on ebay for £30. Scrolling through the Media option using the SRC button on the wheel, AUX comes up, but no "USB", should it?? From the CD manual, it doesn't look like a fuse and it shares the fuse with lots of other things that are functioning perfectly.

Thanks in advance!!

Look forward to getting back into the Fiat scene again!

Don't know what version of blue and me yours is but on mine it's press main then scroll to media player on the car dash then hit ok/SRC then ok again to start playing
Alternatively hit the windows key for voice control and say play

Thanks for the reply, sounds like we have a different model, no main button. It's an 11 plate so not the new touch screen.

We tried the Jack to Jack cable in the aux socket from my wife's iPhone and music was played, but obviously she couldn't use the steering wheel controls to skip.

So I think I'm gonna risk buying a new usb/aux socket unit and see if it cures the usb not working.

Unless anyone has any other ideas to try?

Back