Technical Fiat 500 HELP it's all gone mad

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 HELP it's all gone mad

thorn1979

Working on my 500... I was refitting my head unit and adding a mic. We took the steering wheel cowls off and the binnacle, did what was needed and reassembled, and now something mad has happened.

All hazards flashing even though there's no key in it, all warning lights flashing in time too, and key won't turn in ignition.

HELP what's gone wrong?! I need to drive home!!

Sorry for wrong forum, and panic mostly over. The steering lock was on, and something was weird with the indicator stalk. All rectified apart from momentarily entering the "follow me home" adjustment totally by accident! Now though all the warning lights flash when indicating right, so I'm suspicious of the instrument cluster or the connector/wiring. They obvs don't like being disturbed.

Extra warning lamps when turning right a very common fault plenty of info on here!-It can be fixed for about £220 more expensive than buying a used speedo but they may suffer the same issues at some point in the future! imo the best course now is repair as they use upgraded parts and in some cases offer a "lifetime" warranty I had Mine done by E C U testing in Heanor!

Back