General Its 1242 time baby !!!!! (56k Warning)

Currently reading:
General Its 1242 time baby !!!!! (56k Warning)

right a little update work is slowing down for some reason :rolleyes:

made a spacer using the flange off an old manifold, also brought arc's old one too incase mine didnt work, but it does :D

40600008.JPG
[/IMG]

40600010.JPG
[/IMG]

moved on to the rear drums then. scraped all flaking paint away and painted them with hammerite smooth. fitted new springs ect and nearly new pads.

406000011.JPG
[/IMG]

then moved on to the rear arms

406000042.JPG
[/IMG]

painted them in hammerite smooth too

406000053.JPG
[/IMG]

too out the front screen due to it being cracked the donar cinq screen but messed up both seals so waiting for one off some one off here
(sei seal holding it in place for the time being)

406000021.JPG
[/IMG]

just in the process of putting the rear suspension back on :D

is it bad to use too much hammerite smooth? ive used nearly a tin (a big tin) :eek:

the reason progress is slow is cause ive completely broken the other conq now too. all windows out (including sunroof) boot off, engine out, seats out, door cards out, seat belts, everything you can think of. :D

Whiley said:
man on a mission just like myself top work, my car's also missing allot of its former bits at the moment :p

lol thanks, just want it up and running so i can MOT it. then the real work starts, but just finding my self doing loads of little bits lol like painting the rear arms changing the suspension ect, list just gets longer and longer lol, will be mint and rust free for years though :D

the pics of the new drum spring set fitted

DSC01857.JPG
[/IMG]

Springs and dampers fitted this morning in about 20 mins :D and a better pic of my freshly paint rear arms

DSC018631.JPG
[/IMG]

and finally some of the goodies, i have to stop buying

40mm tricker Tb :D

DSC01864.JPG

Punto 75 cam courtesy of arc and a proper (not home made.lol) spacer

DSC01866.JPG
[/IMG]

and finally a pair of cobra monaco bucket seats, sparco harnesses and proper cinq frames :D (lots of stains and a few holes but pleased with them)

DSC01862.JPG
[/IMG]

That it now untill it passes its mot :eek: unless i see a gsr kit or cheap strut brace :D

been a while since i last updated, but i got some one to bleed my brakes today :D (didnt realise it was that easy)

new windscreen has been fitted
new petrol tank had been fitted
exhaust system put back on
cam belt tightened
plastic inner arches are now in

all that needs to be done now is get some new rear drum bearings :slayer:
sorted out an emissions test only, for a fiver :p then mot time:D

might just leave the bearings till i know the emmisions are ok, but it is finally starting to come together. reckon if i pull my finger out could get it mot'd next week :D

bigest miles stone yet but with the smallest amount of work done

Hand brake cover on
bearings and hubs back on (will get them done while its having its emmisions test)
rear seat bolts removed
back wheels on

AND HAY PRESTO ITS ON ALL FOUR WHEELS AGAIN (AINT SEEN IT LIKE THAT IN AGES) LOL

THINGS TO DO -

put a rubber exhaust mount on
put starter motor on
and sort the ideling out if its still doing it

its looking like a normal car now, after about 6 months.lol

will up date later if i get any of the 'thing to do' done
maybe fit my bucket seats (might just do it after the mot)

custard boy said:
well done,avoid disturbing anything you dont have to before MOT.eg last thing you want is a stripped mounting thread or something ;

cheers, will do. pending what it fails on may get the garage to do it for me, cant be that much i dont think though. im just absolutly pooing it about the emissions, only time will tell though.

been loving the project though, nearly brough another cinq yesterday to do up :eek:

cant believe the amount ive learnt in 6 months too. once its through its mot, there is still loads to do though :rolleyes:

I saw some stuff on one of the shopping channels once that is an additive you put in the tank, and it was supposed to cut emmissions by loads. They demonstrated it at an MOT test centre with an emissions test.

It seemed to work great, and cut the emmisions by about 80% IIRC. Of course it could be total rubbish like lots of the stuff they sell, but even if it does work temorarily you should be fine :)

Sorry i can't remember a brand etc.

Kristian

dads going to have to give it a good run as i aint insured on any one else car till im 25 even though im fully comp :(

going to start a new thread for this problem as i realise not may people will be intrested in my 1242 prject but will get more comments hopefully

just been out and fitted a starter motor and nothing im confussed now.

lights come on the dash
immobiliser goes out
turn the key and nothing :confused:

any ideas?

Back