General Its 1242 time baby !!!!! (56k Warning)

Currently reading:
General Its 1242 time baby !!!!! (56k Warning)

Re: Its 1242 time baby !!!!!

oops your about two hours late :eek: already sprayed over the 3rd coat of heat resistant paint. oh well guess ill have the nice engine for about a week then till it all burns away :D

can you guess im impatient :p

on the plus side it did what i wanted it to do :eek: its looking a lot better :D

its time to revive the thread again :D

and the only reason for this is...... engine wont start again :eek:

so engine will turn over but not fire up.

just timed the engine again today, the old problem i came across was where the tdc is ment to hit the flat bit of the alternator pulley its about 3 cogs out so its not hitting the flat bit of the alternator pulley.

next thing im going to do is swap the spark plugs over with the other cinq and ht leads.

injection light goes off so all wires are correct there.

what to check next?

had a little play today with the spark plug and ht leads.

spark plug gaps all at 0.90mm.

car misfires when spark plugs are on wrong way round - so its not the coil packs or ht leads

all wiring is correct so im still guess its the timing again :bang:

i timed it the other day - but couldnt find the little pin every one was on about :confused: so my plan of action is, number the 3 bolts 1, 2, 3 and just take it off and move it round to the right when it dont start and see if it does.

any more ideas? the car turns over fine no juddering or nothing just no spark to make it come to life.

cheers (y)

cant find the pin thats why im going to try it all 3 ways, why cant they make things simple.

any one got a picture of this pin?

how do people time their cars too? i always find it slack bit between the pump and and big cog thing lol and have to drop the engine to pull the tensioner forward with a screw driver to even get it semi tight

99sei said:
cant find the pin thats why im going to try it all 3 ways, why cant they make things simple.

any one got a picture of this pin?

how do people time their cars too? i always find it slack bit between the pump and and big cog thing lol and have to drop the engine to pull the tensioner forward with a screw driver to even get it semi tight

You can use a good set of right angle circlip pliers shoved into the tensioner holes.

Haha! It Started But Was Ticking Over At 3000rpm And Was Deathning.lol, NOT OUT LET MANIFOLD ON

Was The Way I Put The Alternator Pulley On.

Got To Get Some New Bolts For The Mount Under The Car Then Sort The Radiator Out, And It Should Be Pretty Much Done :d Again ! Lol

right had my weekend of and a bit of partying so time to crack on with the cinq PROPERLY. leaving the 3k revs till last as it aint going to be nothing major.

only had a few hours on it today due to going out last night. plan of action was get the rear suspension off the donnar cinq (koni :D )

40600005.JPG
[/IMG]

trying to get the springs and bumper stops off.

40600006.JPG
[/IMG]

springs and bumper stop off :D but very dirty :(

40600009.JPG
[/IMG]

nice and clean, well kind of. a bit of rust on them. so do i leave it? or get some hammerite smooth yellow and spray them?

thought i would get the back box off too as i want this before i scrap it (pretty much want the whole exhaust system as it is virtually brand new :D )
janspeed back box so a good starting point :D then it cleaned up nicely too

40600011.JPG
[/IMG]

cant imagine it is that old as the bits i cleaned up came up well and with eaise and all the stickers are still on it :)

before i packed up for the day i took the two screws off the gear box mount (the one under the car) as i lost mine :eek: ready for tomorrow.

havent looked at the haynes manual yet but have people put the mount on first then put then attached the gear box? or attach the mount to the gear box then attach the mount to the car?

more up dates will follow tommorrow :slayer:

Looking good, stroke of luck with all the mods on the other car or deliberate buy?

I would spray the ends of the shocks as you can nearly always see them under the car, so it would look better sprayed up IMO. You putting that exhaust on with that end? what did it look like before as it looks a bit.... :confused:

Overall though, nicely done (y)

Jordan

felt the compressor was necessary as the first one flew off when i did it. didnt want to poke an eye out :eek:

brought the car intially as it was a runner and was trying to get the yellow one running so thought swap parts. but it was a bonus that it had a mint engine (think there is going to be a lot of head work done on it) koni adjustable suspension, janspeed manifold, new cat, and janspeed exhaust :p, arbarth mats, and probabaly more things that i havent found yet.

must admit the end does look weird but does suit the back of the cinq with a nice roar :devil:

got to get a jubilee clip tomorrow so will get a can of hammerite smooth and only do the botton half (y)

aint been ont he car much lately as ive been watch my little nieces, but its coming along nicely.

got the radiator all fixed and in place

put the drive shafts in ( passenger on had to be forced :mad: )

filled it all in with LOADS of cv grease got to secure them now (going to use cable ties)

bolted the suspension to the brakes

broke the towing thing :( all that left to do is fill the gearbox up with oil

attach the brakes, and thats pretty much it i think :slayer:

have got some photos but off down the pub with my little nephew (baby sitting AGAIN! :rolleyes: ) will post them up soon)

some pics as i promised, nothin much special but i prefer to look at pics rather than words

40600001.JPG
[/IMG]

40600002.JPG

old rusty fan so thought id clan it up a bit, no point doing half a job.

40600003.JPG
[/IMG]

forgot to take a pic before i put it back on :eek: but looks nice and clean to me :D

406000051.JPG
[/IMG]

pics of the brakes i fitted today

40600004.JPG
[/IMG]

got all the cv boots on and secured now too.

going to have a little read on bleading brakes, if it seems too hard give my friend a call :eek:

next point of action get a 10-15mm spacer exhaust system on (got to take it of the other cinq first)

sort out 1 sticking rear hub, fit handbrake cable.... then dont know cant think that far ahead :eek:

oh can a mod put a 56k warning on please as there are a fair few pics up now

Kris (y)

Back