is the KA girly?....

Currently reading:
is the KA girly?....

I admire the work that went into the conversion (he really should have uprated the brakes though), but the CVH is a dog of an engine, turbo or not. The press used to say that CVH stood for Course Vibratory and Harsh :D The later Zetec/ Zeta engine was a far, far better design, and the later Sport Ka had them fitted. Would have been better to turbo charge one of those, but then again the owner did have a turbo CVH lying around looking for a new home.

Oh, and it looks like a girly car with muscles. Sort of the automotive equivalent of a butch lesbian :D :p

Last edited:
sumplug said:
yep. they rust in the front corner inner wings, sills, etc. just like 1996/1997 fiestas. they are crap period.(n)

The fiesta/KA/puma all use the same floor pan but the pumas slightly shorter[god im full of useless info like the above]Ar well off to bed its 5-20am hope i can sleep.

1986Uno45S said:
I admire the work that went into the conversion (he really should have uprated the brakes though), but the CVH is a dog of an engine, turbo or not. The press used to say that CVH stood for Course Vibratory and Harsh :D The later Zetec/ Zeta engine was a far, far better design, and the later Sport Ka had them fitted. Would have been better to turbo charge one of those, but then again the owner did have a turbo CVH lying around looking for a new home.

Oh, and it looks like a girly car with muscles. Sort of the automotive equivalent of a butch lesbian :D :p
i thought the 1.6 KA had the old ohv kent duratec engine as fitted in mk 1 fiesta XR2's ?:)

sumplug said:
i thought the 1.6 KA had the old ohv kent duratec engine as fitted in mk 1 fiesta XR2's ?:)

I don't think it was a Zetec, that's for sure. I'll just check..........

Last edited:
The original plan for the KAck was to use a 2stroke engine but the idea got binned due to new emmission rules at the time..

Seen that car in the flesh at a Show and it looked very well done not a bodge job..

Nicer conversion than a puma engine as well IMO.

sumplug said:
awful engine in every way.

No as bad as the CFi, which IIRC is based on the CVH. Needs a full rebuild at 80K, otherwise it throws its toys out of the pram, as I discovered - the bottom end let go at 83K IIRC - bust crank.

jamie86 said:
The original plan for the KAck was to use a 2stroke engine but the idea got binned due to new emmission rules at the time..

Seen that car in the flesh at a Show and it looked very well done not a bodge job..

Nicer conversion than a puma engine as well IMO.
actual engine they were going to use was the australian "orbital" engine. hardly any moving parts and very very light. you could actually lift the engine by hand out of the car. 50 mule fiestas were made, but was shelved for unknown reasons. this was 2 stroke. is this the engine you mean?:)

sumplug said:
actual engine they were going to use was the australian "orbital" engine. hardly any moving parts and very very light. you could actually lift the engine by hand out of the car. 50 mule fiestas were made, but was shelved for unknown reasons. this was 2 stroke. is this the engine you mean?:)

Quite possibly!

I just remember it's another bit of useless info that floats around in the abyss that is my brain :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
this cars from passionford. its has alot of time and effort put into it and its mint. im not a KA fan, but this one id have.

plus it'll rip pass most of u on here no probs!

its just as girly as a cinq, or sei IMO. eveyone round here who owns those are female lol

Dunc

Last edited:
Dunc Uno Turbo said:
this cars from passionford. its has alot of time and effort put into it and its mint. im not a KA fan, but this one id have.

plus it'll rip pass most of u on here no probs!

its jsut as girly as a cinq, or sei IMO. eveyone round here how owns those are female lol

Dunc
awaits uproar from cinq/sei owner:p

I have to admit we are calling the KA girly, yet all the centos are perceived a girly cars sadly

Back