iPod Touch - Virgin - WiFi

Currently reading:
iPod Touch - Virgin - WiFi

My brother has got the latest generation iPod touch which was working fine, but now it will not connect to their WiFi @ Home. I've tried everything. It will connect to mine, and to my other brothers WiFi but his just wont have it :bang: So I've narrowed it down to their hub............ Thoughts? Help!

with virgin well cable i have read that you can not connect the nintendo ds to it. I do not understand why. have tried using a wired connection though laptop that works at home

I had no issues connecting a DS to it - but doesn't a DS only use WEP?

Surely it has nothing to do with the ISP but the router itself as part of the LAN.

Spoke to Virgin media this afternoon they said I needed to speak to their digital support team. They put me thru and then explained that I'd need to take out a £60 agreement and they can remotely connect to my computer and find out what's blocking it. :bang:

isnt it usually .1 for the last set of digits to access routers or are these new ones different

60 quid is a rip off though much better of giving it a go yourself first and even then will probably be cheaper to just have a call out from a private IT guy

Can't you just log into the hub then and look yourself? :confused:

This.

In the web address bar you can type either:

http://bthomehub.home

Or

Please let me know if you can get into the hub that way.

Yes I can log into the hub, nothing looks unusual or strange about it? Exactly the same settings as before (when it worked) Have also tried putting it onto a channel rather than AutoFind best channel and that didn't work :bang:

I used the 192.168.0.1 link - & have done a few times :cry:

So no additional wireless security or MAC address filtering?

Want me to take a look - I will need to have remote access though, obviously - and this will need to be turned on plus assigned a port.

Last edited:
I have Virgin internet with their supplied router. My iPhone 3G worked fine and the replacement Android phone also works fine. My Windows netbook struggled until I deleted the connection. Try deleting the WiFi connection from the phone and starting again.

Last edited:
Back