ipod Folder Issue

Currently reading:
ipod Folder Issue

psychofox

Legend
My PC has managed to corrupt my ipod during a sync. Its an old ipod Mini 1st gen (with a larger CF hard drive).
Something messed up so I clicked 'restore to factory settings' from itunes.
When I upgraded the hard drive about a year ago, I had to manually drag and drop the ipod_control folder from the old drive to the new one to make it readable in itunes.
Now, that folder has disappeared/deleted and itunes wants to continually restore to factory settings, ask me to plug it in to a power supply, reconnect to itunes, restore to factory settings, etc. Its stuck in a loop.

Can anyone tell me where I can get this folder for the ipod?
I think its ipod specific as I've tried using the folder from my missus newer ipod, and I have the same issue, except the music now transfers, but I get the folder error icon on the pod screen.

Have you tried manually put the iPod into Recovery mode. Then plug it into the computer, the computer should then say something like "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode" then attempt to sort it all out.

Hi Andy,

Yep, that where it loops.

After using the folder off my missus ipod (not sure on th model) Itunes recognises the ipod, transfers everything, but the moment i unplug it, the corrupt folder icon appears on the ipod screen.

Back