Ipod touch battery

Currently reading:
Ipod touch battery

JustAndy

Doesn't own a fiat..
Anyone else who has an ipod touch, do you find that your battery dies very quickly? Mine can go from fully charged to completely dead in about 3 days and thats without use apart from in the car and even then its charging because of the connection to my head unit.
Is it possible that the battery is just fried and i can replace it at all? or is it a sealed unit so no access?

They can be replaced but it is a sealed unit so your gonna have to pay to get it fixed.

The thing with Li-Ion batteries is they like to be drained. If the only time you ever use it is when its connected to the car and charging the batteries are never being allowed to run down of their own accord, try leavibg it on when your not using it, letting the batteries die. Then recharge it from flat to full without using it. Do this a few times and you may notice the battery life increases.

That being said, 3 days isn't that bad from a single charge. My iPod nano lasts about 5 hours if I'm lucky lol ;)

They can be replaced but it is a sealed unit so your gonna have to pay to get it fixed.

The thing with Li-Ion batteries is they like to be drained. If the only time you ever use it is when its connected to the car and charging the batteries are never being allowed to run down of their own accord, try leavibg it on when your not using it, letting the batteries die. Then recharge it from flat to full without using it. Do this a few times and you may notice the battery life increases.

That being said, 3 days isn't that bad from a single charge. My iPod nano lasts about 5 hours if I'm lucky lol ;)

Thats what i do, leave it on and just plug it in when im in the car and it lasts 3 days if im lucky where as my girlfriends can last at least a week nearly 2 sometimes!

Damn, looked up the model code for my ipod and its the 2nd gen not the first gen and that looks a bit more complicated to do but the battery is only about a fiver including delivery so i might just try it anyway..

i done the one on my iphone, pretty easy if you take your time and do the obvious sort of stuff when dealing with small delicate parts. (i've since done a few for friends)

i'd definitely recommend a better battery though, the ones on ebay are cheap chinese replicas, they quote a higher capacity than the standard battery but they're worse, and get much worse after a couple of month, the first one i got for my iphone was only a couple of quid with the tools, i then went for a 'Gold' battery for £12 ish, definitely worth the extra, depends what you use it for though battery life is more important in a phone i guess.

and when i say the first one was bad, at first it was about the same as the battery it replaced, after a couple of month it would go from full to empty in 3 hours with light use mostly on standby :O

Last edited:
i done the one on my iphone, pretty easy if you take your time and do the obvious sort of stuff when dealing with small delicate parts. (i've since done a few for friends)

i'd definitely recommend a better battery though, the ones on ebay are cheap chinese replicas, they quote a higher capacity than the standard battery but they're worse, and get much worse after a couple of month, the first one i got for my iphone was only a couple of quid with the tools, i then went for a 'Gold' battery for £12 ish, definitely worth the extra, depends what you use it for though battery life is more important in a phone i guess.

and when i say the first one was bad, at first it was about the same as the battery it replaced, after a couple of month it would go from full to empty in 3 hours with light use mostly on standby :O
Ah thats fair enough, ill probably go for a more expensive one that will last a bit longer when i get paid. At least maybe id be able to use it at work too instead of it just dying when i unplug it and it taking about 5 mins to charge enough to actually play from my headunit lol

Ah thats fair enough, ill probably go for a more expensive one that will last a bit longer when i get paid. At least maybe id be able to use it at work too instead of it just dying when i unplug it and it taking about 5 mins to charge enough to actually play from my headunit lol

LOL

just make sure you get a gold one like this if you can: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLD-2430...?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5f187f73all the other ones on ebay are pretty much the same, i think people just charge more for the same battery hoping they'll see a higher price and think it's better :p

don't forget to charge it up before you use it too.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah ill have a proper look when i get paid and can afford it lol
Whilst were on the subject of ipods etc, ive just jailbroken my ipod touch (i can reverse it if i want) but i dont get what to do next, i know theres apps that you can install where you get more features etc but i cant find any of them to install. got any ideas?

Download installous through cydia, installous is what you get the apps through kinda like the app store but free, if you don't have cydia just google/you tube it there's loads of decent guides around

Cheers alex, ill have a go tomorrow im too tired to be trying it now lol

Back