Iphone to work with Blue&Me

Currently reading:
Iphone to work with Blue&Me

Whole point of this adaptor and B&ME update is to allow the car to read HFS partitions (Mac formated devices and iPhones) and to allow the car to read the Apple database on iPods/Iphones so that tunes are identified correctly.

Even if the B&M system could read HFS partitions, it would not be able to read the iPhone filesystem. I would put money on it.

What I suspect is happening, is that this dongle provides a line-out for the audio to be played. Hence why protected files can be played, etc.

Even if the B&M system could read HFS partitions, it would not be able to read the iPhone filesystem. I would put money on it.

What I suspect is happening, is that this dongle provides a line-out for the audio to be played. Hence why protected files can be played, etc.

And explains why bongs and beeps from the iPhone get passed over the stereo. Its just like any other "made for ipod" stereo gear out there really apart from being able to read the track names onto the console & allow navigation.

Am suspecting its not reading the HFS partitions at all here, just implementing some Apple defined standards for accessories.

And explains why bongs and beeps from the iPhone get passed over the stereo. Its just like any other "made for ipod" stereo gear out there really apart from being able to read the track names onto the console & allow navigation.

Am suspecting its not reading the HFS partitions at all here, just implementing some Apple defined standards for accessories.

*Geek hat on*
Nail on the head. Uses an apple designed API for communication with the device for track listing/track selection etc but uses an analogue stereo line from the device to transfer the audio, so the Digital to Audio conversion is actually done by the ipod.
*Geek hat off*

Hi guys I dont mean to be annoying but im going on a trip on Sunday and I really want to be able to listen to my iPod on the way. Is there any dealers close to kent that have this item or do you guys have the part number so i can find out? I was too late in ordering it from Chris@Souls to have it here by Saturday.

Cheers

EDIT: Ok so I found the manufacturer code which is 71805430 Fiat Ancasterin Welling have some the only downside is that it is £71.66

Last edited:
If you want it I can post it 1st class tomorrow morning which in theory should be with you in time.

The part number above is correct mate and the price they quoted is including VAT

Hi Guys, I have been away for a while!!!

I find these are now on back order, looks like we really did wipe them out lol!

Although I am also out of stock (I think we have 2 people from here waiting for them) I have just found a few I can lay my hands on I think ;)

Glad they are so popular as am hoping it guarantees some future software tweeks as they know there is a target audiance for them.

Pleased we ran you and the UK out of stock too Chris :)

There all under your desk I heard mate! FIAT gonna hunt you down and take em all away.

I reckon from a few threads I just read that you've got maybe 3 more orders coming your way soon!!!!

Does somebody know if the sound from navigation software (Navigon) pass through to the carspeakers in use with the iphone-adaptor?

Hi, I have a question which may have been asked many times before but here goes.

I have been reading all of these posts regarding this new dongle which will now allow you to use an iphone and ipod touch with blue&me (with automotive 5.4). From what I understand it will also improve the use of standard ipod's which are temperamental (even if windows formatted)

I have been reading my blue & me booklet I got with the car and in the section for ipod compatibility it says:

What can I do
-Listen to MP3 tracks
-Voice check and using controls on the steering wheek for selecting
tracks (by artist, album, type, etc)
-Memorizing music
-Display on instument panel of current track information (title of song,
singer, etc.)
-Recharging iPod via USB

Therefore, is what the say in the book just rubbish and it really isnt compatible or is it that as my car is newer (09 reg) these problems have been resolved and I therefore do not need this adaptor if I just have an iPod (not iPhone), all of the tracks on it are MP3 and DRM free and it is windows formatted?

What advantages will I get from getting this dongle?

I hope this all makes sense and someone can give me a clear answer.

I would just like to know before I buy an iPod if I will need this £75 adapter too.

Thanks in advance.

If you want AAC music, an apple formatted device or DRM'd music you need the dongle.

If you only ever have mp3s then you will be ok without the dongle, assuming you DONT update to 5.4.

If you just want mp3 though just buy a memory stick LOL

Hi, I have a question which may have been asked many times before but here goes.

I have been reading all of these posts regarding this new dongle which will now allow you to use an iphone and ipod touch with blue&me (with automotive 5.4). From what I understand it will also improve the use of standard ipod's which are temperamental (even if windows formatted)

I have been reading my blue & me booklet I got with the car and in the section for ipod compatibility it says:

What can I do
-Listen to MP3 tracks
-Voice check and using controls on the steering wheek for selecting
tracks (by artist, album, type, etc)
-Memorizing music
-Display on instument panel of current track information (title of song,
singer, etc.)
-Recharging iPod via USB

Therefore, is what the say in the book just rubbish and it really isnt compatible or is it that as my car is newer (09 reg) these problems have been resolved and I therefore do not need this adaptor if I just have an iPod (not iPhone), all of the tracks on it are MP3 and DRM free and it is windows formatted?

What advantages will I get from getting this dongle?

I hope this all makes sense and someone can give me a clear answer.

I would just like to know before I buy an iPod if I will need this £75 adapter too.

Thanks in advance.

£75? :eek: ;)

Methinks you need to read this thread too if your buying one, and discover that Chris can offer you this at the amazing super dooper kick ass price of.....

£65
Including delivery to your home, VAT and service with a smile. :p

I don't wish to poo poo anyones choices but why does everyone seem so desperate to use an iPod/iPhone with Blue&me? I don't get it? Big capacity USB sticks start at bugger all these days. Certainly a lot less than the adapter. What's the big deal? Can someone explain to me where the desire to make it work with an iPod/iPhone comes from? I'm puzzled.

I don't wish to poo poo anyones choices but why does everyone seem so desperate to use an iPod/iPhone with Blue&me? I don't get it? Big capacity USB sticks start at bugger all these days. Certainly a lot less than the adapter. What's the big deal? Can someone explain to me where the desire to make it work with an iPod/iPhone comes from? I'm puzzled.

I guess its that we have an iPod or iPhone, and probably sync these pretty regularly. We have them on our person so dont need to remember to take them back in the house/office and we dont need to keep music in multiple formats.

For me the iPhone + Adapter gives me Music, and Sat Nav all in one solution. Worth the 75 pound! well £65 from Chris@Souls!

Back