Technical Intermittent indicator ( ha ha).

Currently reading:
Technical Intermittent indicator ( ha ha).

I took the car to Thames motorgroup in slough last week as the intermittent fault with the front indicator had become permanent. They’ve had a look and agreed that it’s faulty and have one on order but no ETA. Covered with the warranty but a time-frame would be good.

The issue is that the white led turns off for the orange to take over, but it doesn’t and the dash tell-tale and noise flashes twice as fast. It was happening once a week or so, only when the temp was freezing. when serviced in the summer no fault was showing, but it is now not working most of the time.

they must have had 100 or so 500s on the forecourt!

The replacement unit arrived within the week, but the Slough dealer couldn’t fit it in before Monday. They will at least give me a courtesy car. The fault is still mostly present, although it does occasionally clear for a few seconds.

Replaced this morning. Did have a courtesy car booked, but when I arrived she said they can do it straight away. One garmin TIPO in the showroom and a hundred or so 500s. Of course straight away was actually all morning, two cups of coffee and a packet of biscuits. Never had a car new enough to have warranty repairs free before!
IMG_0847.jpeg

Back