Technical Interior light not working!

Currently reading:
Technical Interior light not working!

Decks, the centre light doesn't work at all, not on the switch, nor on the door opening, nor when the keys are removed from the igntition. All other interior lights are fine though!

Same for me, when you open the both doors the dash display shows door open so I assume the nodes are working correctly.
In the front interior light the smaller lights either side of the main one that are manually operated work fine but the centre one doesn't at all.

The rear interior light works when either door is opened or when you press the cenre front button.

I thought it may just be the bulb but on very rare occasions it will work but only once.

I've tried to remove the front unit but found it so tight I thought i was going to break it if pulled any harder:(

I've tried to remove the front unit but found it so tight I thought i was going to break it if pulled any harder:(

Mini, you do know that a crowbar under the light won't work don't you? :D If you have a skyroof I'm not sure about this, ut on mine there's 2 lugs you push in on the sunglasses holder, this then slides off. You're left with 2 bolts (TX25 I think) to undo and the cluster should drop down.

Should also say that my dash also says doors open. Bulb is fine, have check on my meter.

Mini, you do know that a crowbar under the light won't work don't you? :D

Chris, believe me I've been tempted on a few occasions, LOL
As you mentioned I have the skyroof so no sunglasses holder, from memory there is no obvious way to get the unit out other than push clips in the roof but it is sooooo tight I must be missing something.

Hi All
Ok the extra information helps
The fact both your either side interior lights work is good but they earth elsewhere

The body computer does the brains of turning on front and rear interior light and the cinema drum roll dimming stuff so if your rear interior light does the biz of coming on and dimming the BC is getting the signal to "house lights now please" so that eliminates door switches

front and rear wiring diag.JPG
Ok G10 is front light G20 rear

It's LED lights apparently (are they?) but notice the rear light supply and earth go back to the BC, no dodgy earth lines there then

Now look at the front light G10, it has it's own earth line to C20. Oh my! Ding dong!

So I'd check power in on pin 6 and earth to C20 on pin 7.

Got those? Then possible LED or diode (one of those there) failure.

front in light 1.JPG

front in light 2.JPG

front in light sun roof.JPG
Some helpful pics:)

Last edited:
Back