Technical interior fan

Currently reading:
Technical interior fan

lipstickred

cinq 900 m reg

hi all again !!!!!!

the interior fan is not working at all (n)

have just read some previous posts on this

sooooooooo :idea: ooooooooo

am i right in assuming because

the cig lighter still works its not any of the fuses ?

not sure about whether a dogy earth would effect this ? and if it does, were can i find / check this eath wire??

then that just leaves a knackered fan !!!
can these be easily overhauled (some mentioned bearings) or should i just try and find a replacement

new or used !!!!

:confused:

ta :)

Mine failed a year ago and I managed to find someone that had a new one for sale.
It wasn't cheap, but my thinking was that any s/h ones may not be far off failing too and I didn't fancy doing the job twice!

Check out the fan resistor and its thermal fuse while you are in there too.

where will i find the fan resistor and thermal fuse :confused:

and do i need to check the earth :confused:

Does the fan work at all on any setting, or is it completly dead?

If it's dead check the fuse, my fan motor recently died and kept blowing fuses, the fan would spin by hand but felt notchy, once replaced with a known working spare it works perfectly (y)

where will i find the fan resistor and thermal fuse :confused:
It is mounted on the bottom of the fan housing next to the fan motor.
(the resistor sits in the air stream)
The thermal fuse is part of the resistor module. It is the small silver bit nest to the green resistor.

New thermal fuses cost very little.
My thermal fuse blew when the old fan motor seized (which is exactly why the thermal fuse is there).

Thermal fuses are triggered by heat, not current.

Current produces heat with respect to resistance. ;)
No.

They contain a contact and a spring forcing that contact open but it is held in place by a substance that is solid up to the trip temperature.
When they reach the trip temperature the substance melts and the contacts are pulled apart by the spring.

Once tripped, they do not reset.

No.

They contain a contact and a spring forcing that contact open but it is held in place by a substance that is solid up to the trip temperature.
When they reach the trip temperature the substance melts and the contacts are pulled apart by the spring.

Once tripped, they do not reset.

Yes, But these are located external to the motor windings, So It's not about external thermal transfer.

Back