Technical Fan not kicking in

Currently reading:
Technical Fan not kicking in

Hi I recently noticed my cinquecento’s fan wasn’t kicking in, the temperature was fine when driving but when sat still it would start to creep up. I left it running and it got to around 115 degrees and still didn’t kick in so I have changed the fan switch and checked the fuse and it still doesn’t kick in. Does anyone else have a idea of what could be causing the fan to not kick in?
I’ve bridged the wires on the wiring on the fan and it works so I know the fan itself is fine.
Thanks

Hi I recently noticed my cinquecento’s fan wasn’t kicking in, the temperature was fine when driving but when sat still it would start to creep up. I left it running and it got to around 115 degrees and still didn’t kick in so I have changed the fan switch and checked the fuse and it still doesn’t kick in. Does anyone else have a idea of what could be causing the fan to not kick in?
I’ve bridged the wires on the wiring on the fan and it works so I know the fan itself is fine.
Thanks
All I can think of is that the pressure cap is faulty.....not a lot for a new one to see if it is that.

the fan switch is on the side of the radiator, when you short its wires does the fan kick in?
the pipes to the radiator and the radiator itself get hot as the car warms up? there's not maybe an air pocket somewhere?

Update: Issue sorted. I bled the system of all old coolant, no air lock then when driving later that night the fan finally kicked in. It now comes on consistently but only at around 100 degrees. Is this common or is there any way to make the fan kick in at a lower temp? Thanks

Température de fermeture :
75 °C
Température initiale :
85 °C
Ouverture de la clé :

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 32
Back