General Insurance...

Currently reading:
General Insurance...

works the other way
insurance look to whos name is in log book in relation to named drivers
in this case hes done everything by the book and he also sounds a sensible driver
just wish there were more of them round my way
get sick of seeing flowers on lampposts

Not from what he's said, car is registered in HIS name, yet his dad is down as main user, and his dad is using his NCD against it dispite his dad having his own car.

It is admiral Multicar which allow shared user when selecting drivers on vehicles. I was going to pay £1000 for it, but decided to see what happened if i put mum and sister on there on their license. and it dropped by £300, by having 2 provisional insured drivers on there.

thanks S and B - there are two things i look for in a car... looks and sound (both inside and out) and that is the reason for my choice of next car. I know to drive sensibly in rain and wet conditions and take it easy. Also in the snow and ice i never got stuck once and manage to get to work. Never lost control of the car once, just wish i had ABS for roundabouts

Yeah and i don't plan on doing this forever. I have no problem with paying £1400, but when i get my next car (hyundai coupe 2.0) i know insurance will be high for myself. I will start my own policy when i am in full time work and been driving atleast 2 years, only then is it a resonable price.

You can debate insurance forever, but the fact of that matter is, you won't change my opinion, and there is no way i am going to change yours. Everyone has their opinion, and i may be in the right or wrong, but im not giving up a life i enjoy because insurance company wants to take a third of my yearly wages

Yeah and i don't plan on doing this forever. I have no problem with paying £1400, but when i get my next car (hyundai coupe 2.0) i know insurance will be high for myself. I will start my own policy when i am in full time work and been driving atleast 2 years, only then is it a resonable price.

You can debate insurance forever, but the fact of that matter is, you won't change my opinion, and there is no way i am going to change yours. Everyone has their opinion, and i may be in the right or wrong, but im not giving up a life i enjoy because insurance company wants to take a third of my yearly wages

hyundai coupe?
have you sat in one and driven one?
i have
terrible things

On the certificate it has my dads name as policy holder - correct
and drivers permitted to drive - the 4 drivers on the policy are all in the same category, no mention of any main, or named drivers. All 4 drivers are all described in the same way.

Although i may be deemed as "additional" driver, with me and my dad doing 50/50 mileage there is no issue with this insurance deeming it invalid?

I have sat in one, and i like the driving position very similar to my friends toyota celica, i havent got round to driving one yet, but i will before i make my final decision.

I know the ride is very hard, but my commute doesn't have too many pot holes

And the car sounds great, " youtube "

for the insurance cost of vehicle i think it is one of the best sounding

Last edited:
Chris i completely agree!

But when the insurance is 4 times as expensive?

If it was just a case of a few hundred pound, of course i would love to build up my own NCD, but i cant warrant a further £2100 for which i have nothing to show for.

Thats £2100 can be spent on modding or a nicer car

Sam

By all means be a named driver but make sure you do drive the car less than the other driver or you could be in the s***. They are wise to it now. it's quite obvious from the personal possessions in the car who uses it the most.

£2100 can be spent a lot better things than modding believe me ;). Your young use it to go on a holiday somewhere nice and smash as many birds as you can :p.

You can have a pretty respected car without going mad and still get good insurance deals, I had a mondeo when I was 19 went like the clappers and cost £500 a year to insure, I had a 2.0 model 4x4 a rangerover and a saab 900 through out my 20s non of which cost me over £550 to insure, now in my 30s I'm paying naff all £250 ish for my punto, I did a quote about a year ago and posted the result on here something like £1200 for a Ferrari 430

I also have points and an accident on file but what I don't have is things like fancy alloys spoilers induction kits etc

That's why I always say buy a faster better car rather than playing about with small engined puntos

Honestly, when i was at college my grandad brought me my Classic Mini which he was the owner and i was a named driver as i used it to get me to college, we did the same with my clio, i then got a job and used the clio alot more than he did, then on september the 24th... **** got serious and i crashed the clio aswell as writing off 2 other vehicles... we then had the threat of being done for fraud aswell as a void policy as the clio had been modified without declaring... Luckily! it all went in my favour but ive learnt the hard way! and trust me i will Never be doing anything like that again! its actually worked out better as im actually building up NCB this time instead of named driver, i know its cheaper to start with but in the long run it will be cheaper :)
Liam

seeming as they all claimed whiplash / 1 of the men claimed (sexual problems) its all done as it was in september, and its was weather conditions, pissing down with rain, aquaplaned with a puddle, wasnt speeding or nothing? and insurance companys should allow mods, doesnt mean im a 'boy racer' im a car enthusiast and ive learnt from my mistake... id like to keep up with them on straights, as i get left for dead. and i honestly cant say what went wrong as i said, was knocked out for 16 hours...

If they were decent mates they would wait for u.. if not your better off cruising at ur own speed, a punto is a slow car, my gilera vxr200 was quicker and thats a scooter lol.

I'm 22, been driving 5 years, had one accident, I just paid £610 for the year on my 1.2 Go!, Thats TPFT, my 2.3L Land Rover was about £500 Fully Comp.

Small cars mate. I'm with Elephant on the Punto, but with the Landie I was with Adrian Flux. Maybe try a small local firm where you can walk in, sit down with a coffee and do buisness?

I'm 22, been driving 5 years, had one accident, I just paid £610 for the year on my 1.2 Go!, Thats TPFT, my 2.3L Land Rover was about £500 Fully Comp.

Small cars mate. I'm with Elephant on the Punto, but with the Landie I was with Adrian Flux. Maybe try a small local firm where you can walk in, sit down with a coffee and do buisness?

yeah with 1 year no claims it goes from £250 a month down to £110 :) all mods declared! altho it will probably be more modded by then haha! :)

Back