General Insurance...

Currently reading:
General Insurance...

Right... my Insurance is a rip off after my accident and only being 18,
im paying £280 a month Insurance on my 1.2 8v Mk2 Punto....
I rang them to tell them the extra mods i put on and they said i cant insure anymore modifications as its against there policy.. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!

and ive looked into new cars.... i want something abit faster, all my friends are upgrading to 62 plate clios / punto t-jet / punto evo / fiesta st / fabia vrs and there me... in a 1.2 8v paying triple there insurance! its starting to get to me tbh! im kinda stuck with what to do...

is there any decent mods i can do to my engine to improve performance?
ive looked at insurance on the 1.8 HGT, £4800 a year... upfront -.-

HELPPPPP :(

All i can suggest is changing insurance company, cause that sounds steep for that car im payijn £130 a month on mine but bare in mind i do have 1 years ncb so itd be cheaper than youes and yes i have my mods declared and it was orignally £100 but they bumped it to 130 for the mods and im fully comp.

And for your friends upgradin to faster cars etc big deal? get some experience on the roads first build a nice collection of ncbs and watch your insurance go down then opt in for bigger engine, dont run before you can walk. :)

All i can suggest is changing insurance company, cause that sounds steep for that car im payijn £130 a month on mine but bare in mind i do have 1 years ncb so itd be cheaper than youes and yes i have my mods declared and it was orignally £100 but they bumped it to 130 for the mods and im fully comp.

And for your friends upgradin to faster cars etc big deal? get some experience on the roads first build a nice collection of ncbs and watch your insurance go down then opt in for bigger engine, dont run before you can walk. :)

just did a quote, £279 a month with all mods declared :( Cant wait to get my 1year NCB tbh! 1/4 of my wages go on insurance 3/4 go on mods haha!!

Well insurance as everyone knwos goes by age, post code risk assement etc so many factors are takin into consideration before put their offer on the table.

Dont worry about it too much I was in your position at one point amongst everyone, we all had to bite the bullet so just carry on and hopefully you never have a crash and have to claim on insurance i've been lucky and hopefuly lucky this year cuase in august i get my 2nd year ncb :slayer:

having lived down there and remembering the roads and the fogs i can well believe insurance for modified shopping trollies is dear:D
been there many moons ago;)

Well insurance as everyone knwos goes by age, post code risk assement etc so many factors are takin into consideration before put their offer on the table.

Dont worry about it too much I was in your position at one point amongst everyone, we all had to bite the bullet so just carry on and hopefully you never have a crash and have to claim on insurance i've been lucky and hopefuly lucky this year cuase in august i get my 2nd year ncb :slayer:

:( yeahhh its bull**** :( this is why my insurance is so high....

smashed.jpg

:doh:

holly s....................

What happened?

Aquaplaned round a corner, well instead of going round i went with the puddle, straight into a van, which spun me + the van and had another impact with the van, then i got rammed at 60 by a 62 plate fiesta, but its all 'my fault' i honestly cant remember anything, had to go on a Drivers Alertness Course due to an Injury (ME) had a bleed to the brain, scars on my back due to some women dragging me out my car as it was on fire, bit of a bummer but who cares! you can replace metal but you cant replace a human :) im just pleased to be out alive to be fair!

Woah that must of been scary! Ive had not one crash yrt and ive been driving 2 years now, dread the day i do....but yes i agree yiu can replace metal anyday but no not a human! Keep yor head up with all this insurance malarky. :)

yeah all i can do! and honestly? i cant remember that whole day, was knocked out cold for 16 hours, im only going off what the police have told me :eek:

yeah all i can do! and honestly? i cant remember that whole day, was knocked out cold for 16 hours, im only going off what the police have told me :eek:

Crikey 16 hours :eek: well least your still standing and breathing :)

All it was wrong place at he wrong time, but you just move on learn from mistakes :) Just prove the insurance company wrong (y)

I think you sum it up in your last post, people are more important than a car and It is just a car Liam

What you are basically saying is you want a newer faster car because that's what your mates expect, you want to keep up but at 18 give it 5 years and I can bet 50% of these mates will be no where to be seen so why bother getting your self in debt just to impress them?

My first car was a pile of crap my first insurance was a fortune (£750 might not seem so bad now)

These days I really can't see the point in paying out £15k that I don't need to, my punto its paid off and costs naff all to run, I'd rather spend the money on myself than a depreciating lump of metal my partner and I are always off somewhere new and when you work the hours we do time together is much more appreciated than being seen in a flash motor

Also in terms of mods just personalize it to your likeing and leave it at that, as Andy says is bang on, my first car was a 1.2 and this one is a 1.2 only difference between both is old one was 16v and this a 8v. Last month i was close to scrapping it cause of the mot fails but i forked out for repairs and got it through mot, and thinkgin now i would of regretted it so much cause i love the car it may not be fast as a scooby etc but do i care? no i've had people take the mick out of my car cause of the engine size and he was driving a t5 big woop tell someone who does care....

What im trying to get at is, that it dont matter on the power all that mnatters is it gets you from A to B safely and efficenctly! :) Besides your punto looks nice (y)

You think u got it bad?

Im nearly 23 and im still driving the 1.2 8v... only just got my first year ncb which near enough halved the premium (2800 to 1600) and in a few months i will have a clean license due to a stupid drink drive in 2008.

Your not going to be able to make the little punto go faster lol u might as well just keep it and bide your time, im holding on to it til i get 2 year ncb next january..

Bet your still into racing ya mates about thats why u wana try and keep up with a st in a punto? Its not guna happen pal lol u might as well just wave them off

Lol at this. Your paying £280 a month (£3360 a year?) and you feel that's unfair, yet how much did that claim of yours cost your insurance company? In all honesty I suspect it's still actually an open claim and people are still seeking personal injury costs etc.

I just feel that perhaps you should take a step back a minute and look at what you've already managed to do, and what you've got! You've proven that through inexperience you can't handle a fairly small car, yet you want a faster one, and to mod it up. And you say it's unfair an insurance company won't allow you to do this?!

Lol at this. Your paying £280 a month (£3360 a year?) and you feel that's unfair, yet how much did that claim of yours cost your insurance company? In all honesty I suspect it's still actually an open claim and people are still seeking personal injury costs etc.

I just feel that perhaps you should take a step back a minute and look at what you've already managed to do, and what you've got! You've proven that through inexperience you can't handle a fairly small car, yet you want a faster one, and to mod it up. And you say it's unfair an insurance company won't allow you to do this?!

seeming as they all claimed whiplash / 1 of the men claimed (sexual problems) its all done as it was in september, and its was weather conditions, pissing down with rain, aquaplaned with a puddle, wasnt speeding or nothing? and insurance companys should allow mods, doesnt mean im a 'boy racer' im a car enthusiast and ive learnt from my mistake... id like to keep up with them on straights, as i get left for dead. and i honestly cant say what went wrong as i said, was knocked out for 16 hours...

At least your not paying £350 a month on a 1.2 8v & that's with no claims (touch wood) and I know of people paying more, it's just the way it is out there just bite the bullet and wait until it drops, coming up to my first year :)

Back