General Insurance...

Currently reading:
General Insurance...

At least your not paying £350 a month on a 1.2 8v & that's with no claims (touch wood) and I know of people paying more, it's just the way it is out there just bite the bullet and wait until it drops, coming up to my first year :)

yeahhh just depressing when i wanna do stuff and 1/2 my wages goes on running costs ect :( car also needs new clutch - EXPENSIVE TIMES

Depressing! I bought my car for £200, and pay £350 a month insurance, never mind life goes on!

seeming as they all claimed whiplash / 1 of the men claimed (sexual problems) its all done as it was in september, and its was weather conditions, pissing down with rain, aquaplaned with a puddle, wasnt speeding or nothing? and insurance companys should allow mods, doesnt mean im a 'boy racer' im a car enthusiast and ive learnt from my mistake... id like to keep up with them on straights, as i get left for dead. and i honestly cant say what went wrong as i said, was knocked out for 16 hours...

Yet you were the only one to aquaplane I take it?

Yes you were unlucky but it's in the past now, can't understand the need to keep up with mates, let them get on with it, just get where ever it is your going when you get there.

Regarding mods, an insurance company should and shouldn't allow what mods they want. Just because you don't think it makes you a boy racer doesn't mean your not, tbh from what you've said about wanting t keep up with mates I'd have said you all sound like a group of boy racers.

I will however take my hat off to you for not fronting at least (y)

its shocking how much it is for insurance now

my mate got a bmw 318i 2004 sports and hes 1year ncb and 24 for 1,400 yr and modified but when he did a check on a bmw m3 they wanted 4k so some prices on certain cars are stupid

Seems simlar to what i was paying until i convinced my dad. My insurance is pretty much legit. I am on a admiral multicar policy, with my dad and his car along with my mum and sister. Im 17 and paid £700 for the year with no ncd. How?

Dad - drives his car no NCD on that car
Me - shared driver of my car along with dad (cars in my name) with dads 10 years NCD which are guranteed. along with sister and mum who are both provisionals and bam! got it really low. Even with my mum and sister being on full licenses it still came in just under £1000. Have a play around with insurance and see what you can get it down too. Not being funny but im 17 and in a 30 hour a week job along with college - half of my wages it took me to run my car when i was paying 2800... now im saving up for a nice new car - you have nothing to show for insurance, and speed isn't everything to me. A better looking, better sounding car is much more attractive than a fast car imo.

Hope i helped

am i correcting in saying that it is not fraud if we are sharing the vehicle?

And insurance is the fraud, why do you think so many teenagers want to front their insurance? ive been driving nearly a year and havent had an accident yet *touch wood*. I havent modded the car, other than sound system, and small mods like interior lights with a unique fade in/out box and also HID headlights.

Why should i be forced to pay £2800 for insurance, when i could be saving/spending that money on much better things?

am i correcting in saying that it is not fraud if we are sharing the vehicle?

No, Not if you're the main driver.

And insurance is the fraud,

No it isn't, insurance are commercial companies who pay out millions every day in claims, why should you not be paying for your share of the insurance pot when others do?! There is nothing fraudulent about insurance companies, it's people who don't know how they work who seem to think that they're fraudulent.

Why should i be forced to pay £2800 for insurance, when i could be saving/spending that money on much better things?

Your not being forced to do anything. Simply don't drive and you won't have to pay a penny!

Why should I and others who are legit have to pay on average an additional £60 a year per vehicle we insure toward uninsured and fronting drivers :confused:

howardsam95 you are doing nothing wrong
the cars in your name
your dads a shared driver
its insurance acceptable
do bare in mind if you have an accident your dads insurance will shoot up no matter what the small print says though

howardsam95 you are doing nothing wrong
the cars in your name
your dads a shared driver
its insurance acceptable
do bare in mind if you have an accident your dads insurance will shoot up no matter what the small print says though

the car being in his name is going to how he going to get caught, when his dad took out the policy they would have asked aree the the owner and main driver of the car.

I am neither the main driver, or not a main driver as the policy states shared user. Which means on average we both do the same millege in the car per year.

Okay you may have taken that out of context - is what i mean is insurance are charging too much for young drivers. The reason they pay out millions per day is for fradulant claims, this car is down as third party fire and theft, if i write it off im not claiming a penny.

And how are we affecting insurance? I think i am correct in saying that i am contributing £700 towards insurance, i haven't claimed a penny in return and don't plan too. Its people that go buy fast cars and drive them like a race track, they are the people that are costing you that extra money - not me

I am aware of his insurance shooting up - although i don't plan on crashing as i don't drive like a tit.

I enjoy working on my car more than i do driving my car

the car being in his name is going to how he going to get caught, when his dad took out the policy they would have asked aree the the owner and main driver of the car.

works the other way
insurance look to whos name is in log book in relation to named drivers
in this case hes done everything by the book and he also sounds a sensible driver
just wish there were more of them round my way
get sick of seeing flowers on lampposts

The reason they pay out millions per day is for fradulant claims, this car is down as third party fire and theft, if i write it off im not claiming a penny.

It's not all down to fraudulent claims, not all claims are fraudulent. If you write off your car, like you say, your not claiming a penny if 3rd party, but you're still imdemnified upto £20 million for damage to 3rd party property which you cause, and to an unlimited sum for 3rd party injuries. Yes you've not had a claim yet, and hopefully that'll remain like that as I wouldn't prey a crash upon anyone, but you never know.

Statistically you're more likely to cause a claim due to your age and driving experience. Like it or not but this is a fact, most have been in the same boat, I certainly have when I was driving at 17. But it does get better with time.

Back