insurance law crap

Currently reading:
insurance law crap

cause I like to leave it a few days after my insurance runs out to get the best deal, and to pay all at once.

I might have to become more organised, or loose a month or 2 tax

When SORN isn't needed

SORN isn’t needed if:
  • you no longer have the vehicle and DVLA has been informed
  • your insurance company has written off the vehicle
  • you take the vehicle abroad permanently
  • you apply for a refund of vehicle tax and don’t keep the vehicle
  • you are keeping the vehicle off the road and untaxed for less than 14 days
  • your vehicle was last taxed before 31 January 1998
so all its doing is meaning i will have to prioritise insurance higher than just leave it on the drive, while i sort it
missed the garage one

So because you are a lazy so and so, the law should be changed?!

How about getting with it and get off your lazy arse.

Pretty lame excuse if you ask me, then again I would expect nothing less from you :)

So because you are a lazy so and so, the law should be changed?!

How about getting with it and get off your lazy arse.

Pretty lame excuse if you ask me, then again I would expect nothing less from you :)

I wouldn't exactly call it been lazy.

Im hoping to leave my insurance a couple of days, maybe a week, after it expires. not due to the fact that im lazy, but due to the fact i cant afford it..

Im not going to drive the car, but i know that i'll be coming into money just over 4 days after my insurance expires..

Im not going to take out a loan as i dont want excess charges, and i dont want to sorn my vehicle for 4 days...

I don't see the problem with the car been kept of the highway for less that 14days without the been hassled or possibly been charged more.

well there is the old car argument.
well ever since i have had the car i have let the insurance laps at least 7 days.
till i needed the car.

just hate been forced to do things that i could put of a few days till i can spend 2 days on the phone

It also cost more money and aggro for people with summer cars, normally they leave it taxed and insure it for the odd week here and there when the weather permits. With the continuous insurance, this cannot be done, Every time the car is taken off the insurance it will need to be sorned and DVLA do not play to the day but the end of the month, and then re taxed for the few days and sorned again... Bit of a ball ache, Not for me tho I only have the one car. :D

If it lowers the amount of uninsured numpties on the road by just 1 all I can say is HURRAH!! (y)

If it lowers the amount of uninsured numpties on the road by just 1 all I can say is HURRAH!! (y)

if they didn't care about buying insurance they aint going to give a crap if they are driving a sorn car or not. all it will do is free up some on street parking in some places, where people used to keep an uninsured car taxed but parked up on the road if they didn't have the money for insurance

on the Punto, tax and insurance used to be within a week or two of each other, so would always be pair up.

however on the astra they are 6 month apart. when my insurance expires in September it'll be off the road for a week, but fully taxed just without insurance. im not stupid enough to drive it. It will alway be parked on a private driveway..

are you saying that this is illegal and i need to sorn the car for the week its off the road? (n)

Back