Technical Injector Light what's it supposed to do?

Currently reading:
Technical Injector Light what's it supposed to do?

Tony M

eh?
the car runs fine... no problems at all really, but the injection light in the console is always on... I am guessing this is unusual... or they wouldn't have given it a light at all.

Anyone got a clue what might be going on?

Try removing the battery completely then connect the +ve & -ve terminals with NO power connected & turn the ign on this will drain any residual power in the circuitry & leave for about 20 min. This resets the BMW ECU's so worth a try?

So i lick my fingers and touch the battery... not too sure how that works...
never bothered disconnecting the battery before as it has electricity in it... and that hurts sometimes. I will be brave and give it a go... I will have the wife ready with a stick or branch of some kind just in case

Tony M said:
So i lick my fingers and touch the battery... not too sure how that works...
never bothered disconnecting the battery before as it has electricity in it... and that hurts sometimes. I will be brave and give it a go... I will have the wife ready with a stick or branch of some kind just in case

:D I hope your taking the pi$$

Alan.D said:
:D I hope your taking the pi$$
well i am generally shy of disconnecting things... this applies to any system... electric, fuel, hydraulic... hydromatic

It will either be the lambda sensor, or the fiat wiring. When the injector light comes on, its supposed to only give you 'limp home mode' which means a top speed of 20mph, but i have driven my panda at 70mph with the light on, and its never complained (must have been faulty wiring). I bought a sensor off ebay a couple of weeks ago for £51 (list price is £72), and the light hasnt been on since (touch wood). If you want my old sensor then let me know (still works).

Oh good, a thread that dosent have RUST in it!!!

The injector light comes on when there's no signal from the Lamba probe (or the ECU thinks theres none so it's hard to tell)

What the engine does is that it 'overfuels' which really does no harm to the engine. In a carb car it would be like running with the choke on. The only thing it costs is fuel.

Except one thing... The rich mixture kills the cat (over time)

I found on my selecta that the light goes off on and on depending on speed and engine tempature, it's unusual for it to be on all the time.

We ripped the engine out of the selecta before we found a solution thou....

Jim

Tony M said:
well i am generally shy of disconnecting things... this applies to any system... electric, fuel, hydraulic... hydromatic

I'm with you Tony, I've had a belt off the battery before and you don't forget that in a hurry.

(I decided to keep my spikey hairstyle after that experience)

guys,

i had an "L" plate petrol blue 'Cat panda and the light came on when i blew one of the twin coil packs up, the car then ran sluggish as hell whilst the light was on. But then aleast the light worked!!:) but alas she is no more(n)
need another though;)

Well the car runs fine, which kind of made me wonder what it was for... I shall mention it to the mechanic when i get them to change the shocks over... I tried myself but i don't have a rubber mallet or anything and it was getting dark so i put the nuts back in place and prayed they wouldn't leap off the car when the wife hit a bump...

Back