Technical Injector Light what's it supposed to do?

Currently reading:
Technical Injector Light what's it supposed to do?

Should this ever come on if you are sitting in traffic or parked up stationery with the engine running for a long time (say 20mins)?

:confused:

Nope. But do not fear, Dosen't normally mean expensive things. My Selecta has been an absoloute pain with its injection light.

When driving at speed (50+) sometimes the light will come on, and once when I done the coolant change on it, the light came on for a while when sitting in the drive. In my case, and 9 out of 10 times its the Lambda sensor in the manifold.

It's a user serviceable part which is suppost to be changed every so often, but often gets forgotten. When old their reation time (to the changing conditions in the exhaust and gases in it) slows down. Meaning it will often register as a fault and illuminate the warning light.

You can either get it changed, or leave it. I've left mine just out of lazyness :eek: Some say that this can make the car use more fuel, or run unevenly, but mine still run fines, and I still managed to return 57MPG on one run down to London.

I think the main question is, does the car seem to run ok, and is it always on, or just intermitantly :confused:

Hope this helps. Jon.

Back