Technical injection system failure

Currently reading:
Technical injection system failure

pinemartin

Been some time since I been on the forums. I have an 07 Panda Acive 144000 miles on the clock. Driving from Cambridge to Bedford .Motorway and town driving. No loss of performance just this amber light which I found to be Injection system failure. Any thoughts ? I will obviously get it sorted asap. Could it be fuel contamination ? Faulty sensor ?

From other posts it does seem to be generic, meaning it could be almost anything. Most other posts report some issue such as loss of power . My Panda was rolling along as normal. Hopefully I will find out soon enough. Thanks anyway, will keep you posted.

Unfortunately no code, no symptoms, no real direction to go

I started a thread cheap scanner known to work

It’s only been up a few hours though

Stared up following morning and it was clear. It still is. A computer glitch ? who knows ? I'm old enough to remember a dashboard occupied by an oil light and ignition light, not much else. Dash lights up like Blackpool illuminations and it's a relatively old car.
Does your scanner work on all makes ?

Scanners should work on all Panda engines

OBD a standardisation of OnBoard Diagnostics

Developed for Californian emissions by Volkswagen in the 80's

Once all cars went Fuel Injected and Catalysed @1994 it was on most European cars

OBD2 Was with us by 2004 and offered far better coverage.

Limitations ... Engine codes only for cheap scanners.. no ABS etc

A lot of 'detail' is for modern kit.. turbos DPF
and often VW.. or Japanese biased

But.. every code a 169 pandas motor is going to generate will give an accurate P#### fault code

Searching that Code on here will find your likely Panda Prognosis AND FIAT's take on the Codes I/D

There's some much electronics in cars that the only way you're really going to know what is going on is with an OBD tool, otherwise you're just p!$$ing in the in the wind.

It’s €50 plus at least another €30 for connecting cables. Just be careful what you buy. eBay is full of dodgy Chinese stuff.

Back