Technical Immobiliser reset?

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser reset?

Dodgy Geezer

HI

I've been silly. My remote key buttons had been failng, so I took the key apart to mend them. I needed a new key shell from China, so I left the car outside and waited for a delivery. A few days later I had to move the car, so I just took the metal key part and tried to start the car with that. Of course, without the radio section, the car immobilkiser immediately locked and I couldn't start it.

Now I have the radio part reassembled, but I don't know how to reset the immobiliser. Does anyone out there know?

There is a transponder chip or capsule in the key , did it fall out and not get refitted when you had key in bits.

HI

I've been silly. My remote key buttons had been failng, so I took the key apart to mend them. I needed a new key shell from China, so I left the car outside and waited for a delivery. A few days later I had to move the car, so I just took the metal key part and tried to start the car with that. Of course, without the radio section, the car immobilkiser immediately locked and I couldn't start it.

Now I have the radio part reassembled, but I don't know how to reset the immobiliser. Does anyone out there know?
There two different types of blue remote key for early fiats (not including two and three button)

1/ the battery is in a tray beneath the key blade

2/ the back cover slides in half to reveal the battery

Make sure you order the correct one

The guts aren’t transferrable between the two

3EB86204-9330-4551-BB65-E96C2C6B4253.jpeg
67041EE5-0553-4D80-AAA4-6735AAF302B2.jpeg

Here an example of the two types

Make sure you order the correct one as listings on both eBay and AliExpress are misleading

Thanks - I saw that it was difficult to pick the right one - but they are quite cheap. Main problem is that it takes so long to get them shipped.

If pushed I can always design and 3-d print a one-off

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I bought an eBay special to repair my wife's worn out key fob. It worked fine. Sadly I didn't keep a records of what I bought.

I bought an eBay special to repair my wife's worn out key fob. It worked fine. Sadly I didn't keep a records of what I bought.
I posted a picture of the two types
post 8

I had three pandas

All mine have had the type were the battery goes in the back not the side

I left it up to the original poster to pick the correct type.

The innards aren’t transferable between the two

This is the one I used for my 2006 Panda the electronics fitted but I
had to have the key cut as the key bits were not swappable between the two.
It can be difficult to get them cut if you are supplying the key.

I know you did, but the doesn't mean the Chinese stuff on eBay will actually work when you get it. At least it's cheap enough to take the risk.

I have had three 05, 06 and 10

All have the battery fitted at the back

The one you linked to has the battery door at the side

The parts aren’t transferable, and if you tried you would damage the PCB useless as the transponder chip would break off

The one @RalphM posted is correct for most people

Last edited:
Back