Technical Immobiliser fault

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser fault

Excellent, something for me to look forward to tomorrow 😂
hello, I have a Fiat grande punto 1.4 8v, the same thing happened to me once and it turned out to be the key, I recommend having 2 keys because sometimes with crashes or a simple internal failure they stop sending the signal.

I wonder if this something weird like the key having lost its code. Or a failed key. If it were mine I would check all the wiring round the starter and the battery leads first. Then try a new key. A decent locksmith will be able to do a key for around £35 although no plip at this price. I am sure you need MES as a starting point.

I had a mig welder fail on me recently, and after I trashed it, I found the main power feed had turned to dust ( in less than a year) caused by cataphoretic corrosion. It all lit up but just didnt work. A new cable would have resolved it. At least the bits are doing a variety of jobs around the place....

Car ECU codes are available FOC from Fiat dealers now. You would need the code to reprogram your key. I got mine by email without any hassle.

Back