General I'm Back!!!

Currently reading:
General I'm Back!!!

NovaVan

Don't know if you remember me??

Some might, some might not. I used to own a Sisley. Unfortunatly it met its death and some of you may remember me asking if I could salvage the running gear, engine and box and do a conversion onto a Seat Marbella.

Well...... thats where it kind of stopped. The conversion never started and decided to leave the whole Panda 4x4 scene.

Now, a few weeks ago some of you may of seen this Panda 4x4 here on eBay. Well, I'm now the proud new owner of this rare object and not going to make the same mistakes as last time!!

MOT is due on the 11th of this month but has tax til Jan 07. Paid £102 for it and so far have found no evidence of the head gasket/engine problems as stated in the eBay listing.

Been for a few jaunts so far and very happy.

Here is a quick pic on its very first journey since being owned by myself.....
Click for pic, save bandwidth!! hehehe

All in all i know its not much but for the money and considering how rare these things are rapidly becoming, I'm one very happy Panda 4X4 owner!!

Couple of problems I have noticed.......... I can't seem to dis-engage 4x4 mode anymore. As its been stuck in 4x4 mode and I have done a few miles in it I have noticed that when turning into my drive which has some loose gravel it grinds the wheels round when turning quite hard at a low speed. Also, when there is a lot of weight in the car it sounds like the prop is bouncing and low speeds when turning hard. The last problem does not seem to happen when it is just myself in the car.

If these could be answered it would be most appreciated.

Most importantly........ I'm back and a very very very happy little Panda 4x4 owner!!!! (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Whilst in 4x4 mode and traveling at low speed in full lock it does feel like the brakes have stuck all of a sudden that's normal as it isn't meant to be used in this way.

As for being stuck in 4x4 mode try pushing the lever down whilst in reverse, I would also change the gearbox oil as that will be the reason it's sticking.

The prop ? maybe putting too much pressure on it by full lock on solid surface

You REALLY need to read the handbook my friend.
If your car is in 4x4 you must never use full lock - ever! and you really shouldn't exceed 36 MPH either. The tip about reversing it and pushing the lever down usually works.
Welcome Back (y)

Giacosa said:
I remember you. Your Sisley ended up in a river didnt it?

Thats me!!!:D :slayer:

Managed to free it up back into 2X4 again thanks to your little tip about knocking it into reverse ;)

Roll on MOT and the massive failure sheet!!:bang:

NovaVan said:
Thats me!!!:D :slayer:

Managed to free it up back into 2X4 again thanks to your little tip about knocking it into reverse ;)

Change the gearbox fluid my last sisley was like that, once i changed the fluid i could use the 4x4 lever anytime also smear a very light film of grease on the lever shaft that goes through the floor

Good luck on MOT.

I'm going to book it in for it's MOT today so once its failed (well, its not going to pass is it!!) I will scan the failure sheet in for you all to see what I'll be upto on my days off!! hehehe(y)

Back