General Phew - I'm back

Currently reading:
General Phew - I'm back

spankysmagicpiano

Do Pandas Breed?
What a stressful 10 days.

Poor Phear (1993 Fizz) has been off the road since last June (long story - MOT failure - meant to get it sorted) I have a new job soon where I need a car so time is of the essence. Couldn't remember where the fail sheet was and all I remembered was a broken spring.

So she went in with a new spring last week and failed :-(

Outer sill welding
Tyre
Emissions :eek:
Rear trailing arm rotten

So welding was done, 3 tyres replaced, had to order a trailing arm from Ricambio (wait for that to arrive and be fitted). Went back in - failed on emissions again Went back to Cats2U as it was just under the two years warranty. They said to send it back, they would inspect it and let me know. Time was running out so ordered a new one. Mechanic spotted the other rear spring was snapped too which the MOT place missed, so another one ordered - wait and fit.

Went back in today - failed on first fast idle check and on the second, it all kicked in and passed (y) So back on the road for another year.

He still has some work to do - service is the main one, brakes need bleeding and have to fit a 12V socket as I'll need it for the SatNav.

The management light has been coming on for ages after say a motoway run and also when it's warm, occasionally it will rev the backside of the car off for no reason and I have to pull over and turn it off. The garage has got a new diagnostic machine that now works with my Panda and it seems it's a Lambda so I'll have to order one of those. Annoying thing is if that's at fault - it may have killed the cat.

Anyway - another 12 months :slayer:

Re: Phew - I'm back (Couple of extra bits)

All going well however...

I need a new Lambda still. The garage ordered one but it was some sort of universal one with three wires, not four so I have had a look around and found some at

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/lambda-sensor/fiat-panda-141a-1000-i-e-cat-45hp_v2560_g3922.html

As my Haynes manual is the wrong one for my car (great) any idea of the size? There are two - 1236mm and 916mm which seem to have the correct plugs on them.

Also (major in this weather!) My heater is seemingly stuck on HOT AIR!
Without taking the dash apart - does anyone know if the linkage is anywhere handy so I can turn it to cold manually as the lever does nothing :cry:

(I have to carry kitchen roll in the car to mop off the sweat - urgghhhh)

Thanks

Remove battery, undo the sound deading panel from battery side of heater matrix/cold air intake box. There are two hoses and a heater valve connected to linkage. Option one- linkage mounting bolt came undone- easy fix. Option 2 - heater matrix valve broke internally (same as my sisley) - valve replacement needed- £15 off ebay. Re Lambdas, dont let them ripp you off, do search on here- there was link to the correct ones for few £.

Back