General I'm (nearly) Back

Currently reading:
General I'm (nearly) Back

spankysmagicpiano

Do Pandas Breed?
Not sure if I posted before about what happened but I blew the head gasket up nearly 5 years ago on my '92 Fizz, defected to a Clio as I needed one for work when my Panda was being repaired head skim etc..and...well...here we are a long time later.

Clio didn't let me down once but since working from home, it's just been sat there for four months and upon checking a couple of weeks ago, it had about half an inch of water in it, front and rear so that got scrapped.

Battery was flat on the Panda so got a new one. Last time I started it was about 3 years ago. Would you believe it started second time of asking. You just can't kill them :D

It's had a good wash (it's been on the driveway), back brakes were seized so they were freed last weekend. New wipers front and back and a clean inside. It's looking good despite the fact that it's been neglected.

Work required - service, brakes are non-existent so they need bleeding. Inner sill needs welding on the drivers side (passenger side was done before I killed it) and some rust on the drivers door (bubbling). I'll probably need a new exhaust due to the Cat which was a nightmare getting last time. MOT required too of course!

One thing I remember was that the heater was always on hot which was a nightmare in the summer. I'm hoping I can rectify that somehow but not sure what it is, lever is OK so it must be the heater 'thingy'!

I've got most of a CLX too so I'm hoping to get that into the garage I go to and strip it for parts especially all of the bodywork as you never know when I or someone might need a tailgate, bonnet, glass or door.

Anyway, I hope to be back on the road in the next couple of months so that will bump the howmanyleft total from 14 to 15 (y)

Last edited:
Back