General I’m back!

Currently reading:
General I’m back!

gar074

Prominent member
First time on here since Feb - long story but largely caused by illness followed by Covid followed by more illness followed by some even more tedious stuff, not least the demise of my laptop (I have failing eyesight, so trying to post on my phone is an absolute nightmare).

Anyway, I’m now feeling ready to crack on with life, and am about to embark on the long-overdue task of recommissioning my B, which has been gathering dust in the barn for yonks. I have a long list of work that needs to be done, including sorting out its fuel delivery issues (which caused it to be laid up in the first place), a full overhaul of the braking system, replacing the timing belt, tensioner & water pump, new shocks, new hood, and of course a full service. There will no doubt be other tasks that pop up along the way (it’s still running on its original bushes, so I’m on borrowed time there…)

I don’t have a “Gareth’s B” thread, so I think it’s about time (after 16 years of ownership!) to start one.

Apologies in advance for what will inevitably be a flood of posts asking idiot questions that I really ought to know the answers to by now. Many of them I did know at one point, but have long since forgotten.

Right, time to crack on! It’s good to be back!

First time on here since Feb - long story but largely caused by illness followed by Covid followed by more illness followed by some even more tedious stuff, not least the demise of my laptop (I have failing eyesight, so trying to post on my phone is an absolute nightmare).

Anyway, I’m now feeling ready to crack on with life, and am about to embark on the long-overdue task of recommissioning my B, which has been gathering dust in the barn for yonks. I have a long list of work that needs to be done, including sorting out its fuel delivery issues (which caused it to be laid up in the first place), a full overhaul of the braking system, replacing the timing belt, tensioner & water pump, new shocks, new hood, and of course a full service. There will no doubt be other tasks that pop up along the way (it’s still running on its original bushes, so I’m on borrowed time there…)

I don’t have a “Gareth’s B” thread, so I think it’s about time (after 16 years of ownership!) to start one.

Apologies in advance for what will inevitably be a flood of posts asking idiot questions that I really ought to know the answers to by now. Many of them I did know at one point, but have long since forgotten.

Right, time to crack on! It’s good to be back!
Nice to hear from you. (I was just going to say something rude but thought you might take it at face value...) Also good life is back on track. I look forward to reading your future posts

Nice to hear from you. (I was just going to say something rude but thought you might take it at face value...) Also good life is back on track. I look forward to reading your future posts
Rude? Surely not!!! We web-footed East Anglians must stick together!

Well my wife is from Bramford, Ipswich and before we got married I stayed with her parents for 4 or so weeks and registered as an Ipswichian/Suffolk so can also claim to have one webbed foot :)

Best of luck with the "B" project.
👍

OK! Now that we've established the nationalities and allegiances, let's get on with it. Looking forward to stories of wonder and woe that we old quasi-mechanics ( at least I am ) can reminisce about. There's a lot of info here on the forum, though it's often hard to find. But it seems that we have a few new active mechanics online.
I live reasonable close to Henk at Barchettaparts, so a drive over to see him is always interesting. He has a friend there who is an expert in reading electric schemas; and parts galore!
Good luck! And ask questions. We all benefit.
grtz
Eric NL

Back