General Getting back on the road

Currently reading:
General Getting back on the road

barch

G'day :) great to see lots of new names and cars since last logging on. Only had a week of driving fun in the UK last summer before returning to work in Central Asia. Sadly snow and ice for six months, and servicing and silly import duties preclude shipping the B here, so it's parked up back home most of the year. Can't bring myself to sell it on though!

I know a lot of forum members run their cars only during the summer months, then put them away over winter. Just wonder what kind of issues (besides a flat battery and the smell of napthalene) you face when taking them out of mothballs. Hoping to get a few weeks touring in during the summer.

what kind of issues (besides a flat battery and the smell of napthalene) you face when taking them out of mothballs. Hoping to get a few weeks touring in during the summer.
For me last year, I had a sticking brake compensating valve, justv had to spray with WD40 and move the lever back and forth to free up, also had an advisory the tread on front tyres getting low, did very few miles last year so this year 4 new Toyos will be fitted before I go back on the road.
Enjoy your touring.

4 new Toyos

I got four of the same last year from mytyres.co.uk for £230 all in. Had to wait around for a couple of weeks for the second pair to clear the warehouse in Germany, but they did arrive eventually. Maybe I'll get more than a week's use of them this year! Just hope they haven't developed too many flat spots from underwear :(

I got four of the same last year from mytyres.co.uk for £230 all in. Had to wait around for a couple of weeks for the second pair to clear the warehouse in Germany, but they did arrive eventually. Maybe I'll get more than a week's use of them this year! Just hope they haven't developed too many flat spots from underwear :(

that's steep picked up partworn 8mm as new Gislaved for I think 60?

Back