Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

Currently reading:
Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

Oh god, I found good stuff to read right now :) (by discovering this topic)

Enjoy your night then ;) As I was looking into the 16V program a bit more and also played with the new version of Tuner Pro RT released recently I should look into this thread of mine and make some revisions I guess...

Actually, I did. Your knowledge is awesome, but did anybody tried to upload modded data into 27C512 and work? those files that you put to download, they are default, right? They are not the modded one.

I am searching for BIN file that is modded by autodelta, novitec, etc. That I can test as many as possible on rolling road and choose the best one (from results)

I don´t like to install another ecu (MSII etc.)
thx.

What modded chip image do you talk about? If you bought something that said modded, compared to the original and there are no differences, well then, you got ripped off :( Have seen this before.

What do you mean by reaching something (what?) with 18F ECU?

Re BIN files, did you at least read the first point in this thread?

Actually, I did. Your knowledge is awesome, but did anybody tried to upload modded data into 27C512 and work? those files that you put to download, they are default, right? They are not the modded one.

Yes, they are stock images from the mentioned cars. Re uploading, yes, many people did, there is a couple of folks in PL that mod the chips on a per-car basis, but those are usally done for heavily modded engines (cam shafts, 4 throttle bodies, etc.), nobody cares to just chip up the stock engine for few HPs. Mine is reprogrammed to run turbo and works a charm as well. There is a guy around here (McRitch was it?) that sells properly modded chips for 1.1 SPI Cinqs. Look in the guides section, you will find his guide there.

I am searching for BIN file that is modded by autodelta, novitec, etc. That I can test as many as possible on rolling road and choose the best one (from results)

I would like to see these "big tuners" modded chips too, just out of curiosity.

Thanks :) I have access to rolling road for free, so it´s no problem to test all mods at once. I know about those folks as you said in poland. I had bouhght 1,1 SPI chip from them and it´s working and from 54bhp it rised up to 58bhp so it´s not bad at all.

As I said before, I had Lancia Y 1,2 16V with 1,6 throttle body, open intake and more opened exhaust, so I am currently interested only in 18FD ECU :) but thanks for replies that in Czech Rep nobody is able to answer.

Yes, they are stock images from the mentioned cars. Re uploading, yes, many people did, there is a couple of folks in PL that mod the chips on a per-car basis, but those are usally done for heavily modded engines (cam shafts, 4 throttle bodies, etc.), nobody cares to just chip up the stock engine for few HPs. Mine is reprogrammed to run turbo and works a charm as well. There is a guy around here (McRitch was it?) that sells properly modded chips for 1.1 SPI Cinqs. Look in the guides section, you will find his guide there.

I would like to see these "big tuners" modded chips too, just out of curiosity.

Hi, I'm trying to find out where is placed the eeprom in a IAW 18 FD. 5Z ECU and I need to take it out, but the ecu is a bit deteriorated. Could anyone help me? thank you, very much

(...)

the problem was the injector pulse width is so low. so the injectors where outputting more of a spit of fuel then an actual stream. With this set-up even the 75 ejectors caused idle problems.

So the other day I thought... punto 75 was batch injection... if fiat could make it run smooth and pass emissions then so can I.

(...)
I know that this is very old message, but I'l try to answer anyways...

As far as I know the batch injection is the same as SPI, so once per engine cycle, and the injection pulses on idle are very short, which is a known problem for 4th generation LPG installations. Another proof is the fact that Punto 75 will start and run on IAW-16F ECU and vice versa - Punto 55/60 will start and run on IAW-8F ECU.

As for the idle - FIAT did not fully managed to solve the problem, Punto 75 had idle speed of 820rpm, while all other models (55, 60, 86) had about 650rpm on idle.

Last edited:
Mate, where did you get the 650 rpm idle speed for SPIs from? Also 820 for P75 does not seem right :confused:

Too lazy to check ATM, but I think it is set to 850 (when warm) in the SPI engines, and to 880 in the 1.2 MPI (ECU 8F/18F).

Is there a way to see what the autoadaptivity is doing, and/or if it's doing something at all (lambda corrections and similar)?

Yes, this information is reported through the diagnostics interface. I am not sure though which/what PC program can get this out nicely (my private one can), will have to finally give the IAW ECU Scan a good test myself. Depending on the ECU there are different auto calibration values.

It's not that I do not want to share it (y) Only that

- it does not run on Windows (I will spare you the tech talk why, I tried, it just doesn't)

- it's very rough on the edges, there is no help or any other support, I know what it is doing and how and that was enough for me

- it is adapted to my version of the ECU software that knows about boost and reports some other extra information through the diagnostics interface I really needed. So it will not run with the stock ECU out of the box.

There is a small screen cast though:

I know that this is very old message, but I'l try to answer anyways...

As far as I know the batch injection is the same as SPI, so once per engine cycle, and the injection pulses on idle are very short, which is a known problem for 4th generation LPG installations. Another proof is the fact that Punto 75 will start and run on IAW-16F ECU and vice versa - Punto 55/60 will start and run on IAW-8F ECU.

And it runs well? So on my Punto 75 I can put a 16F ecu (for example from a Cinquecento Sporting) with it's key (for immobilizer) and the car will run? It will run well or it just start and will not drive well? :eek:

It will run, not much more than that. I would not expect miracles in terms of smoothness or performance. It might actaully do an almost ok job (either comibination of engines/ECUs), if you let the ECU autoadjust, but this can be a painfull and long process with a lot of patience and self discipline required from the driver (y)

And it runs well? So on my Punto 75 I can put a 16F ecu (for example from a Cinquecento Sporting) with it's key (for immobilizer) and the car will run? It will run well or it just start and will not drive well? :eek:
It will start and run, but of course not as well as on the original ECU.

Sorry, I haven't seen your post woj before I wrote mine.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! (y)

Now I can try to make an ecu swap on mine and see if I solve some problem (not performance stuff), because I don't know if it depends by ecu. I have no one with a Punto 75 to borrow an ecu make a try, but have a Panda 900 (don't know which ecu) and a Cinq Sporting (16f I think).

It's possible to change 16f and 8f only, or the 18f is also possible too?

by the wat I can say yuuuhuuuuu that's good neeeewwsss for me yeeeeee :slayer:

8F and 18F should be the same, as long as the 8F is not labelled ECOL. But be carefull with swapping the ECUs around, you may run into immo problems.

My mother has on it's Panda 900 (year 2000) an 16F.EE , won't start (code light ON) on my Punto, even if it's key inserted in the transponder (properly removed from where I put my Punto key). Don't know why.

Tomorrow will try with the 1998~ Cinq Sporting 16F and it's key.

Last edited:
Back