General I can not get rid of this grinding!

Currently reading:
General I can not get rid of this grinding!

You are going down the same road again. Just fixing the fault not the cause. There have been several suggestions here on what to do. If you want to keep throwing money at it go ahead but don't complain when it starts acting up again. There is a root cause that needs to be investigated. No need for a new flywheel. Get one from a scrapper
Have started checked and new bendix fitted if needed.check starter mountings etc.!

Agreed , (y) and if it's PURELY the wear in the mating faces..why does a "NEW" battery fix it for a month.., :rolleyes:

I'd still be looking at the power supply to a starter..,
you've changed so many..it's got to be more fundamental..!!

main earth cable..??

Agreed , (y) and if it's PURELY the wear in the mating faces..why does a "NEW" battery fix it for a month.., :rolleyes:

main earth cable..??
I can only go on what the last Fiat garage told me.. They said that because I had the starter motor replaced a few weeks before the fly wheel. So I have been told that the old flywheel has screwed the new starter motor and then when I had the new flywheel fitted the new but knackered starter motor has then knackered the new flywheel

I was told the only way to cure this is to replace both at same time.

I have had new wiring and cables done also

main earth cable..??
The new battery didn't fix it, it just did not grind for about a week after getting new one

Oh and I have been told the starter motor is cheap that has been fitted.. Gtx or something like that... And yes I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand flywheel of ebay

By the way I do appreciate the help.. Power supply to starter motor.. I'll definitely mention that

It's not grinding full-time, it's done it about 3 times this week.

Quote - "The car started perfectly while I was there until he suggested I put the lights on for a minute then try and wham it grinded 5 times in a row."
Unquote

The alternators on the GP are NOT the best - and can have a hard time through the poorly positioned scuttle drain , :bang:

so a poorly preforming alternator could explain why
BASIC tests appear to have found 3 x under performing batteries in a short period..

good alternator = good battery charge = decent power supply to starter

if you're telling me the car doesn't grind all the time "this week"
save your money , and IF you want to go further ,
get a proper auto electrician to check the full charging and starting circuit.

Quote - "The car started perfectly while I was there until he suggested I put the lights on for a minute then try and wham it grinded 5 times in a row."
Unquote

The alternators on the GP are NOT the best - and can have a hard time through the poorly positioned scuttle drain , :bang:

so a poorly preforming alternator could explain why
BASIC tests appear to have found 3 x under performing batteries in a short period..

good alternator = good battery charge = decent power supply to starter

if you're telling me the car doesn't grind all the time "this week"
save your money , and IF you want to go further ,
get a proper auto electrician to check the full charging and starting circuit.
Yea it grinded 5 times in a row at garage a few weeks ago, and he did battery test, and although the battery was coming back as fine he said the battery was not suitable, then changed battery.. But then after about a week it grinded lots of times... I then went to another garage on Wednesday and got told the starter motor and flywheel are damaged again... He then said that the new battery was still not powerful enough.. So replaced battery again with new earth cables.. Something along the lines of earth the battery to the body as well or something like that.. Since Wednesday it's grinded just twice.

Back