HTC Desire(Android) / Blue&me

Currently reading:
HTC Desire(Android) / Blue&me

Hi everyone, I need some help! Love my HTC Desire, but cant get it to sync with my 09 bravo. Have read the previous threds and (think!) i've tried them all: Ive had the updated patch download, i've cleared all previous paired devices, turned car and phone on / off (LOTS!) but still no joy! frustratingly, I can get to the point where Im just about to enter the verification code into the phone, but then I always loose the connection. Has anyone got any suggestions? Its killing me not being able to use B & M!!!

Same problem as above. The phone pairs with Blue & Me, it asks to sync contacts with the phone, but during syncing, it loses connection. I can't manually connect neither. I tried several times to remove the settings and pair the phone again, but that didn't work. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the phone/software/settings, so tomorrow I'll check out some custom roms to see if one of those works (it's a rooted desire).

I'll let you guys know if it works.

I've trolled abit over the past few months to see if Android works with Blue&Me without issues, but not really had a concrete answer..

I'm about to order the HTC Desire (Nexus Ones twin) which runs Android (2.1, Eclaire) so if it works or not i'll be able to answer in a few days.

But if anyone knows for sure that android doesn't work properly, speak now before I order (y)

If not, we shall find out soon.
Just got rid of my HTC due to very poor battery life, otherwise a very great phone. ............................................:eek:

So I tried some things out and now it works seamlessly.
It's very simple really, this is what I did:
1) I removed all user data from the Blue and Me system.
2) Backed up all my programs and user data through Titanium backup (can be found in the Android market).
3) Restored my phone to factory defaults
4) Paired the Desire with Blue and Me, contact sync, etc...
5) Restored all apps and user data through Titanium backup

Note that I have a rooted phone, so when your phone isn't rooted, you won't be able to do step 2 and 5 and you'll have to re-install every single program from the market again. You are however able to backup and restore text messages through SMS Backup+, found in the market.

If you want to root you phone, there's a one-click root program for Desire called "unrevoked".

i have a htc hero, only 2 months old, and works great with my punto blue and me system. thats running the most up to date android os! hope this helps.

Hi, i have a one week old punto evo and 1 year old HTC Hero but it is on the latest software update available. I just cant keep the connection between the phone and the blue&me. the annoying thing is that the phone stays connected just fine with the tomtom sat nav also in the car.

any tips on how to keep it connected? also how important is restarting the phone as it takes about 3 mins to restart which isnt practical for me every time i get into the car.

Thanks

My X10 works fine with it, Andriod 1.6.

But then again, I think Sony Ericsson's always worked better with Blue&Me than most (messege reader ect). It might be HTC that you may have a problem with if it doesnt work :)

Sorry, did you managed to make the message reader work with Xperia X10? Got the same phone but when an sms arrives it doesn't read it, in this forum someone else said message reader worked but I don't know how he did it, mine is strike or something :mad:

My Desire has stopped working now - it connects then about 30 seconds later it is no longer connected and it won't reconnect.

Anyone sorted this? I've only added 5 apps to the phone (My Tracks, Compass, IMDB, BatStat Battery Widget, Gmail, Bubble Level) - I installed these before I paired the phone and it was working for a week now it's dead...

Help! (Thanks)

It seems the problem with pairing the phone is the phonebook transfer. Here's how I got mine sorted:

1) Delete user data on car & delete pairing on phone.
2) Go through the normal pairing procedure again.
3) When the car asks if you want to transfer the phonebook, press the ESC key on the steering wheel.

The net result of this is that the phone stays connected to the car, I can receive calls, I can make calls (either by tempting fate with the 'dial' option, i.e. saying the number digit by digit; or by selecting a contact in the phone's own internal phonebook) but since there's no phonebook in the car then there's obviously no contact display on the MFD, just the number.

What I haven't tried yet, however, is performing the above then manually initiating a phonebook transfer. I shall update the thread in due course.

Well, trying to manually copy the phonebook doesn't work either. Looks like I'll have to stick to having no contact name display until the next blue&me update/desire update/both/never. ;)

I tried the same thing as you last night - it seemed to work (not copying the contacts over) - didn't try adding the contacts as that is when it fails.

Did you try adding them all or just the ones on your phone? Have you got connected to Facebook/Twitter/etc. and your contacts list includes these? I was going to try and add just the people I call as these contacts are on the phone and not via any online account (like Facebook/Gmail/Twitter/etc.).

I've found a workaround and I think I know why it is failing.

I have managed to update a number of contacts manually by adding them via bluetooth from my Desire - I browse my contacts and then hold down on the name, menu appears and I choose Send content via vcard. On the car I go to Settings, User Data, Add Contacts.

On phone I select the detail I want (name and phone number(s)) but make sure everything else is not ticked, then select Bluetooth, Blue&Me and off it goes.

I think (but have no evidence to confirm) that it fails to send as the phone tries to send all the other detail as well i.e. picture/date of birth/facebook account details, etc. The data is failing as there is a lot of stuff that isn't needed and the system doesn't know what to do.

I've managed to get 12 contacts added (the 12 that I call most) and everything appears to be working so far.

Manual select of the contact you want to add, select only the contact details that matter - name and phone number(s) and then send them via bluetooth.

i got my HTC Desire with 2.2 froyo a month back. it paired perfectly well with my B&M on my punto. However, yesterday it got connected and then is jus disconnected after 30 seconds or so... and then it would not manually connect also. so i turned the bluetooth off on the phone and then switched it on again, this time it got connected with my car and worked for only a minute again.

today morning, i shut down my phone and switched of my car ignition, and then restarted both. now it connects without a problem, but im not sure if this is a recurring problem and what really needs to be done...

any suggestions?

Still no break through. B&M disconnects after connecting with my HTC Desire within about 2 mins. Very agonizing....

Try a full reset. On the B & M menu, go into User Data and delete all devices. Then disconnect the car battery by releasing the plastic clip on the negative terminal.

While you have the car battery disconnected, go into your Desire's bluetooth menu (MENU > SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > BLUETOOTH SETTINGS) and under 'Bluetooth devices', long press on the Blue & Me device and select 'unpair'.

When you are ready to reconnect the car's battery, do so and then pair the phone as if you were doing it for the first time.

I hope this helps!

does Fiat release firmware updates for blue and me at all ? perhaps to introduce functionality with newer phone handsets.

Ive gone through several phones with 2 blue and me enabled cars and an older model sony erricson was the only one to work for both voice and messaging functions... all have worked fine for voice - but none since have ever worked for messaging.

Same problem as above. The phone pairs with Blue & Me, it asks to sync contacts with the phone, but during syncing, it loses connection.

I'm running Android 2.3 on an HD2 from the SD Card. I found that I only had a short time in which to enter the PIN onto the phone before I got an error message. Took me 3 or 4 goes to be quick enough in entering the PIN, but once I'd succeeded the phone has worked well with B&M ever since.

Is that with both voice AND messaging?
Apologies if I'm going over old ground, but I thought that MS phones were the only ones that work with messaging?

I have voice only with my Wildfire, no messaging.

Interestingly, my old LG Cookie was able to handle messaging (LG S class OS model)

Back