HTC Desire(Android) / Blue&me

Currently reading:
HTC Desire(Android) / Blue&me

Blank2k2

Established member
I've trolled abit over the past few months to see if Android works with Blue&Me without issues, but not really had a concrete answer..

I'm about to order the HTC Desire (Nexus Ones twin) which runs Android (2.1, Eclaire) so if it works or not i'll be able to answer in a few days.

But if anyone knows for sure that android doesn't work properly, speak now before I order (y)

If not, we shall find out soon.

I've trolled abit over the past few months to see if Android works with Blue&Me without issues, but not really had a concrete answer..

I'm about to order the HTC Desire (Nexus Ones twin) which runs Android (2.1, Eclaire) so if it works or not i'll be able to answer in a few days.

But if anyone knows for sure that android doesn't work properly, speak now before I order (y)

If not, we shall find out soon.

If you go to your nearest O2,Orange,Vodafone etc etc shop they should all be able (and willing) to test the phone out with your car,I've done this with a few phones to test the compatability.

My X10 works fine with it, Andriod 1.6.

But then again, I think Sony Ericsson's always worked better with Blue&Me than most (messege reader ect). It might be HTC that you may have a problem with if it doesnt work :)

HTC Desire works fine with blue&me.

Only the message reading function does not work.

I've just got an HTC Desire and can't get it to work with my 2009 500. It just won't pair. I've taken it to the local dealer who also tried and just won't work. Their answer to the problem is that if it's not on the Fiat list it won't work!

I've kept the phone as it's awesome, much better than my previous iphone. I'm just hoping Fiat will release new software.

Interesting powerful_rogue got theirs to work. What versions of software are you running on each??

I've just got an HTC Desire and can't get it to work with my 2009 500. It just won't pair. I've taken it to the local dealer who also tried and just won't work. Their answer to the problem is that if it's not on the Fiat list it won't work!

I've kept the phone as it's awesome, much better than my previous iphone. I'm just hoping Fiat will release new software.

Interesting powerful_rogue got theirs to work. What versions of software are you running on each??

That sucks, im awaiting O2 to get it in stock (sources tell me it was delayed due to the volcanic ash) + i can get 30% discount with o2 so im holding out for em

Fiat should do an update soonish id imagine, theres a huge amount of new phones hitting the market at the moment they'll need to update for.

I'll let you know if i can get my Desire running with my B&M (when i get the Desire ofc)

Last edited:

That sucks, im awaiting O2 to get it in stock (sources tell me it was delayed due to the volcanic ash, but there should be delivery on friday.)

Fiat should do an update soonish id imagine, theres a huge amount of new phones hitting the market at the moment they'll need to update for.... including the iphone 4g in a few months..

Edit double posted! balls!

Last edited:

(y)Correction, was trying had to pair phone last night, after reading someone had got theirs to connect. I've managed to pair phone and car!!! You need to delete any other paired devices, then restart phone and car, and pair. Should work ok. What a relief, can't live without my blue and me!!

(y)Correction, was trying had to pair phone last night, after reading someone had got theirs to connect. I've managed to pair phone and car!!! You need to delete any other paired devices, then restart phone and car, and pair. Should work ok. What a relief, can't live without my blue and me!!

Good news Rosey. I can confirm my partner's Desire (and no, that's not a top shelf magazine!) works fine in Bravo #1. Mine arrives tomorrow so am hoping it'll be seamless in my Bravo too.

Blank - you should have no problem.

Good news Rosey. I can confirm my partner's Desire (and no, that's not a top shelf magazine!) works fine in Bravo #1. Mine arrives tomorrow so am hoping it'll be seamless in my Bravo too.

Blank - you should have no problem.

nicely done guys ^^

Ordering mine soon, looks like O2 are posting tarriff info today so phone should be instock soon! (y)

cant wait to get rid of my HTC Tytn2!

i have a htc hero, only 2 months old, and works great with my punto blue and me system. thats running the most up to date android os! hope this helps.

I have an HTC Hero and the B&M works fine, though the txt part doesn't which Is no big deal. The only phones that I have ever gotten to work with the txt feature are Sony Ericssons though my C905 was a nightmare. the txt worked and so did the voice but the voice was very crackly to the other person.

Can you play music from the Desire through Blue & Me?

I'm dithering between buying an iphone or a Desire...

The ability to play music & take calls with the adaptor is swaying me towards the iphone.

I get the impression the Desire a better all round device but if I can't play music in the car from it i probably won't bother...

Can you play music from the Desire through Blue & Me?

I'm dithering between buying an iphone or a Desire...

The ability to play music & take calls with the adaptor is swaying me towards the iphone.

I get the impression the Desire a better all round device but if I can't play music in the car from it i probably won't bother...

Hmm, unsure, ill test it tomorrow.

When you plug in the Desire into a laptop, phone pops up with a menu of how do you wish to connect like Charge Only / Internet Sharing / Disk Drive, and you can set it for automatic selection so you only need to pick once.

I'll test if "Disk Drive" mode works like a USB Memory Stick tomorrow.

That said, i think iphone you can just select a song on the phone & press play on the phone itself rather than going through the Blue&Me interface? so iphone maybe better, that said if your going for iphone you may aswell wait for "iPhone 4" which is just around the corner, i dont like it but ill admit the screen is amazingly crisp/clear compared to normal phones.

Last edited:
Ok, well i put a couple of albums onto my Desire.

Plugged into car, phone popped up with the list of options (Charge Only / Internet Sharing / Disk Drive + a check box for "Dont Ask Again")....... tapped disk drive, worked music played straight away, albums etc works fine, resumed from where i left off when turning ignition back on etc, just like using a USB Memory Stick.

So, if you wanted id say you can create a Music folder on the Desire's memory card and fill that up with tunes, when plugging into the car when it pops up with the list of options you can check "Dont Ask Again" and click Disk Drive, should mean it defaults as a Disk Drive whenever plugged in... just to make it that little bit easier :)

Last edited:
Ok, well i put a couple of albums onto my Desire.

Plugged into car, phone popped up with the list of options (Charge Only / Internet Sharing / Disk Drive + a check box for "Dont Ask Again")....... tapped disk drive, worked music played straight away, albums etc works fine, resumed from where i left off when turning ignition back on etc, just like using a USB Memory Stick.

So, if you wanted id say you can create a Music folder on the Desire's memory card and fill that up with tunes, when plugging into the car when it pops up with the list of options you can check "Dont Ask Again" and click Disk Drive, should mean it defaults as a Disk Drive whenever plugged in... just to make it that little bit easier :)

Many thanks - really appreciate your efforts!! :D

I've got a HTC Desire / Fiat500, and would really like to get the Google Navigation working through the Blue and Me - any ideas if this is possible? I've tried pluggin the USB connector in and running charge / disc mode - all that happens is Google Navigation tells me it needs to download (an already downloaded) voice pack....

Back